GMW RAFAC badge

I have received a greater Manchester wing badge for my MTP but I do not no which patch to put it on or where to put it

1 Like

You don’t wear it. It’s not an authorised badge as far as AP 1358C goes

What he said…

Now where that popcorn eating emoji that used to be on here?

1 Like

:popcorn:

3 Likes

That’s the bad boy

Especially when people realise it’s one rule for CCFs, another for the ATC…

1 Like

They know that certain CCFs would have carried on doing it anyway, so may as well put it in the rules. Probably what GMW are hoping for. Such a waste of money though

At least the ATC get to wear the RAF TRF though.

Not all of us…

Not Yet.

1 Like

If I was looking after that I’d bin off the wing TRF and re align the cost into PTS badges given the issues that HQAC have sourcing them…

2 Likes

Could it be related to Nijmegen marches??

Do you not require a wing team badge to be shown?

Good point. I forget the SNCO cadre as we don’t have one.

It could be, but it’s been issued to every single cadet in the Wing.

To answer your question in a more sympathetic and cadet friendly way.

No one can help you with the badge positioning unless they are from your wing. The badge is not authorised by the national regulations, and is unique to your wing.

Realistically however, you, as a cadet in GMW, can ignore what everyone else here wrote. It’s probably unlikely therefore that you will do many events with staff from other wings who will have a go at you for wearing it. I imagine you will be expected to wear it on wing events, so ask your squadron staff where it goes.

And when you find out, post it here, so other cadets from your wing can find out the same information.

As for the rest of you. Stop shooting the messenger, if you don’t like the policy, complain about it in a new thread, the cadet asked a simple question, it deserved an answer which isn’t going to make their life difficult.

2 Likes

If it’s issue and not on the uniform scale, who paid forit?

1 Like