Gliding Scholarship applications throughout the year

Hi all,
I’ve just turned 16, and I’m hoping to try and get my application for a gliding scholarship in as soon as I could, hopefully increasing my chances, and I’ve heard people can apply all year round. I’m also asthmatic (barely effected), and I’ve been told I can still apply? What would the application process be like?

Your squadron / contingent staff will need to find out what the process is for your Wing/VGS. But yes, you can probably apply whenever.

For 661 VGS, there’s a form that needs to be submitted via the Wing Aviation Officer.

You’ll also need an AvMed 01 and a F6424 (even if you’ve nothing to declare on your AvMed 01)

I thought the whole point of the AvMed 1 was to decide whether you needed to initiate the F6424 process?

That’s the case for AEF / GIC

Solo requires a 6424 in all cases

2 Likes

In fact that’s what the F6424 was designed for - it was then used as a followup process to the Av Med 1 for which it wasn’t ideal. Hence many revisions.

1 Like

Can’t add anything else to the above replies. Except for a gentle nudge that HCAP’s gliding scholarship is currently open.

The application can be found Here. Application process is pretty out of date, in fact very out of date and unecessary. But, there’s free gliding at the end of it so for you the fact that plenty of people won’t be able to apply because of how inaccessible it is might be a good thing…!

1 Like