Geeky photo thread

Absolutely not unique - The Cavalry and Guards Club is next to the RAF Club on Piccadilly

2 Likes

Are the memberships restricted to people who’ve served in that regiment, or to the Army in general, or are they just private members clubs that have been named after the regiment?

Most are restricted to members or former members, buts lots are affiliated so if you are a member of one you can use others.

1 Like

A lockdown well wasted, nerdy painting, and learning how to merge multiple images, all taken at different focal lengths, to get everything in focus at once:

5 Likes

This is awesome! I’m pretty jealous…

1 Like

I keep seeing some really nice campers come up on outdoor gear exchange. Could drop a house deposit on a nice van instead :rofl:

1 Like

some of the posts in that group are more than just a little project… :fearful:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sbcampervans/permalink/2128054290683632/

I don’t think that would be too easy to stealth camp with :stuck_out_tongue:

I suppose you can park up in service station lorry parks unnoticed though…

1 Like

That’s gonna end up like one of those ex-Army Bedford Overlanders that get driven to Africa to die.

I was genuinely considering a 7.5tonne horsebox conversion last week; AT store in the back. Beds. Kitchen. Showers. Toilets. Bar. Drying room. Then i realized how impractical it is for 90% of my favourite put ins!

2 Likes

A MAN 4-tonner as a camper would be pretty rugged, bet they go for less than a VW too.

I’ve been on here for ages… I could happily spend a few thousand on a camper if I had the money. Really want a T5

Today on my coastal walk - literally eye-level with this as it flew past. Pretty impressive flying!

10 Likes

If I did that in my PA28 some busy body would report me to the CAA

3 Likes

Yeah… Not sure that’s 500ft :joy:

I think I’m actually more impressed you got such a good photo than the flying!

I regularly get them flying low over my way but they’re always been and gone before I could even think about getting my phone out!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Commissioned a college student to fabricate a tow bar for the mower as their end of year project. They came through and delivered. #win

Genuinely hope it’s enough to pass their course!!

2 Likes

I hope it conforms to ISO 1103 :wink:

You know I’m a farmer right? I can’t even count that high! :wink:

1 Like