Gaining storage unit/ ISO

Hello, recently the squadron has had to move the store room into a smaller room due to the old stores containing the fire system meaning it can not be locked, we have now run out of room for storing our equipment, does anyone know the process for gaining or applying for extra storage at the Sqn such as a ISO Container or similar, any advice would be great thanks
Paw

Para 27 of ACP21 kind of applies, stating that “no construction of self-help buildings or structures/containers of any type are permitted on the ACO Estate.”

Where that leaves you to request RFCA provide storage (meaning it wouldn’t be self-help), I do not know.

HQAC have something called the Low Value Minor New Works Scheme (LVMNW). Some of the things you can request include things like extra plug sockets, computer network points, blinds, flagpoles, radio masts, better external lighting and storage containers.

My unit has had a lot of those things funded and installed by RFCA through this scheme, including a half size storage container with a frost heater and lighting.

As my squadron accomodation is well below the recommended 180m2 recommended building size HQAC gave us a container under the scheme as a stop gap until we have an extension or new build.

All squadrons need to do is to get their OC to email their WeXO about what you want as a Low Value Minor New Works Request and a reason why you need it.

There is a waiting list however, and it will take at least 2 years, maybe more, to get what you need.

1 Like

Can you put some of your stores in the unlocked room or can’t the cadets/staff be trusted?

Low value minor works to get the fire control panel moved into a cabinet in a corridor like most other places ive ever worked in?

Every LVMNW we have placed in, for replacement outside lighting, to door handles and toilet lights have all been placed on hold as there is no money… apparently

1 Like

Building is shared with ACF