Funding Advice please

Hello everyone
My name is Amy, I’ve been in the cadets for just over a year and can honestly say it is the best thing I’ve ever done!
I wanted to ask for advise on fund raising, I have to raise £4300 for a charity trip to Ecuador in July 2020 with my school via Camps International, I have to raise the money myself.
Could anyone advise me on who to contact/apply for help with the fund raising or any ideas on what I can do to raise the money.
Any advice would be gratefully received.
Many thanks
Amy

What part of the UK are you?

Ive seen a number of Cake/Tea/Coffee stalls over the years at wing events & squadron presentation evenings/open evenings etc. Made quite a bit of money from it as well.

Speak to your OC to try and approach your wing staff to see what sort of response you get. I can tell you my wing staff like a cake or two (and me included!).

1 Like

If you are over 16, ask your OC to dig out the information about the RAF Air Cadet Development Trust – Bursary Scheme from ACTO100. You can apply for funding for personal development training which I imagine would include this kind of activity.

Just noticed you’ve been in just over a year - you need to be in for a minimum of 2 to apply for the bursary but you should reach that before your trip, so start preparing your application now and fire it in bang on your 2 year point.

1 Like

Have you got yourself a fundraising page on just giving etc that people can donate to?

Getting one of those setup and then tweeting the commandant a link can often get you a few quid.

On top of that speak to the local authority as well, they may have funding streams available or grants that you could apply for to help.

2 Likes

Try contracting your local rotary club https://www.rotarygbi.org/club-finder/
Or local masonic lodge
https://www.ugle.org.uk/ (then follow the links to your local province which should have a list of lodges in your area.)

I got 2k from rotary when I did something similar and my lodge makes (smaller) grants to local kids trying to fundraise for expeditions.

1 Like

in a similar vain we had a cadet that spoke to their local junior football club and sorted a cake stall every home game. maybe something to think about

1 Like

There’s a 1/34 chance that you’re in Dorset Wilts Wg, in which case you can try the JTYAF, if not maybe ask around and see if there is a similar charity that can help?

Or, set up a gofundme page and get the Regt facebook page to share it for you! :wink:

2 Likes

Hi Alex,
I’m in Suffolk :0)

JTYAF only support DWW so was going to throw you in their direction if you were in that wing

1 Like

Your CO is well aware and is looking at funding streams for you

3 Likes

Fantastic thank you, she got a 3/4 page spread in the Suffolk Free Press today, fabulous PR for the Squadron :grinning:

2 Likes