FSX multiplayer

Having built a flight simulator for my squadron a while ago now, I am wondering about the possibility of setting up multi-player flights between squadrons across the UK, it would be awesome to have 10 - 20 aircraft all flying in the same area, great for practising those rules of the air!

Anyway, has anyone looked into the FSX multi-player programs?
I am currently trying to get FSOpen to work however no luck so far.

Hi there,

We are really interested in doing something like this as well - can you pop me some details in a PM so I can get in touch?

Cheers

xab? any interest? anyone else?

1287 interested. We just built a sim.

Well I’ve been trying to set up an FSopen Server within my squadron and then connect to it on the flight sim so as to have multiple cadets flying at once in the sqn, unfortunately I have been unsuccessful so far.
I suspect there to have been some firewall or other that I missed however I have not had a chance recently to do further work.

I have recently come across a virtual airline, which with some tweeks, could probably be adapted for use with the ACO. It uses a combination of teamspeak for communications (air traffic control and flight instruction) and a FS host software so that any computer can essentially be turned into a server. This could be managed by the use of passwords known only to staff, used during parade nights etc. It also means that instruction can be given by qualified aerospace instructors to cadets in different parts of the country, as well as more fun things like formation flying etc.

We use XPlane = 3 PCs linked together very easily for formation flying, etc.