FPV Drone flying

1 Like

Apologies for the thread bump but any update on us flying drones outside? Or do I need to find a friendly CCF (Army) section?

A positive update on policy? You must be new…

Still verboten.

3 Likes

We’ve been waiting for a policy for months and it seems to be lost somewhere between HQAC and reality.

Surely it shouldn’t be so difficult. My simple steps:

1. look at CAA rules
  2. consider making these a bit tighter because it’s cadets flying and many operators (Sqns) won’t be very experienced
  3. publish policy and suitable guidance to support it
  4. encourage a practical aviation activity that is accessible and can be delivered in every sector and Wing.

But what do I know :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

And talk to any company that provides training locally such as this one Drone Training Liverpool, oh yes that will be prohibited as 2 FTS don’t like external providers.

1 Like

You could even mandate private insurance from the BMFA, and make us pay for it ourselves.

2 Likes

They already did.

I know, I’m just being sarcastic

3 Likes

2FTS are a joke, let’s face it.

It’s not a complicated process to put in place a policy for drone flying, yet they make a pigs ear out of it as per usual. 90% of this hold up with be some Walter Mitty waste of skin spending ages designing a RPAS brevet they can wear that’s just different enough from the RAF one that they can get away with it.

In context, I recently designed, implemented, and rolled out a drone policy for a Fire and Rescue Service, it took 4 months, and that includes procurement, and tendering for training contracts and hardware, and that was 4 months alongside many other projects.

Utter wastes of space.

6 Likes

I’m just throwing this in as (further) evidence as why we should be incorporating drone tech into what we do:

5 Likes