Form 80e - why does it not work?

Currently outcome of 1771e hasn’t proved any faster for me, 3 months and counting. I can’t say if that’s a WHQ or an HQ thing however.

The latest Weekly Brief makes clear that this is now the standard process for everyone. So no one should be submitting them on paper anymore.

1 Like

So it does.

I’m all for it, just hope my HQ are ready for it.

I’ll be all for it when it becomes an actual digital system, rather than just e-mailed paper.

3 Likes

Agreed, at least this is a move in the right direction

1 Like

C&E Region did trial Jan to Mar, this is now open to everyone. Easy really.

The system? Or the fact is open to everyone? As I’d question both…

It is easy - most events are not covered/approved under CACE so no point submitting
thats-funny

Well I just submitted a VA claim for 2 days running a Bronze Radio Course, we’ll see what happens :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Did you submit a CACE 6 months in advanced to get permission to do so? :thinking: :wink:

Nope since CACE only comes into effect on 1st April . . .
I did however submit it after RC SW asking/telling people to stop spending public money. . . :laughing:

Same region, we were told CACE with immediate effect, anything planned within the first 6 months needing CACE submitted asap.

It’s the trust level versus payment level.

How much time / effort is taken to validate a claim say for £17? My most recent claim for a wg shoot - I was on the SMS activity, I attended, with 2 simple addresses to look at (home & RAF base).

That should be a 2 min check / approval. If the system protocol takes longer than that, then there has to be a balance of cost of checking versus value of claim. Is there a percentage check or are they all assessed?

In my previous aviation company, I claimed €2(!!) for needing a soft pillow at an hotel. Don’t laugh, pillows (& beds) in some Portuguese hotels are like concrete bricks - no chance of a decent sleep before a flying duty.

My, oh my, it was if I claimed for buying the Crown Jewels. :laughing: The issue went all the way to the CFO - after about 20 emails between me, managers & finance team. I reminded them that if I started the aircraft APU 10 secs earlier, well, €2 or more was gone.

I got my €2. :wink:

4 Likes

is there a suggestion that every F1771 is checked though? I thought there is a process in place to get it to the finance desk that meant once it got there it got paid, with 1 in every 100 (or whatever ratio) given a closer inspection that the mileage claimed is realistic (ie not claiming 50 miles for a 30 mile round trip)

if each one is audited in such details
1 - why bother having OC/Wing signatures that they sign to approve and confirm the journey took place?
2 - i can now see why claims take so long

Most employee’s who need to claim from their own expense will put on a personal credit card, claim at the appropriate time and get paid efficiently then pay the card spend before interest is charged > simples.
When you could have perhaps hundreds of pounds of fuel to use and claim F1771 you can not rely on it being paid back before interest is incurred, hence it comes from a current or savings account. We should not be out of pocket for such extended periods, maybe I start putting a line on the form stating anything not paid within 30 days will incur interest at ??%.

I’ve no idea, I can’t find any specified process for this.

Ah, but we aren’t “employees” - & I bet the thought of giving credit (or pre-payment) cards to CFAVs would give RAFAC Finance team heart attacks! :wink: Yes, a company credit card is useful in the commercial world - but a faff when having to submit 10-20 invoices / claims in 6 days, as I had to do in aviation.

Also (but still valid for personal cards of course), there is always the chance of fraudulent activity; I landed somewhere in Spain, went to pay the invoices for handling, landing charges, etc, & my company card was refused. Called the credit card company - apparently I had tried to buy about £5000 worth of goods about 2 hrs previously in a couple of shops in the Midlands. Hmm, I was at about 41,000 ft then, although I suppose I could have used the satphone to call! :upside_down_face:

Ha ha, I think you’ll find the timeframe is a one way street… :laughing:

War story - I was paying the various handling invoices at Washington Dulles, using Aunty Betty’s AMEX card. In the hangar, there was a very pretty GV, about one yr old, I commented accordingly on the aircraft - the handling guy said that he would run a check on “my” AMEX. He came back - "Do you want it delivered, or will you fly it away yourself? Your card is good for the purchase!!! ":open_mouth:

Tempted… :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Why oh why is the VA form an editable PDF and the Mileage claim a Word doc that only appears to work properly in the desktop version of Word to which we have no access.

The original F80e was also a badly formatted word doc, that they have since transferred to a nice editable PDF. I would like to hope the the F1771e will also have the same treatment soon enough.

2 Likes