Forage Cap

Just an observation, but I see more staff wearing the cap central on top of there head. Is this the latest fashion and the dress regs haven’t caught up?

b. Forage Cap. The forage cap, which is an optional extra at own expense for Officers, WO (ATC) and SNCO (ATC) only, is worn tilted to the right so that that front edge is approximately 25mm above the eyebrows and the side edge is approximately 12mm above the right ear. The material is blue/grey worsted barathea of standard styling for wg cdrs and below; for gp capts the cap is piped in Minerva blue. The forage cap is not to be worn with CS 95 or other forms of combat dress.

No, they’re just wrong, always been worn tilted to the right. To be fair, quite a lot of people don’t seem to know how to wear chip bags properly. I’ve seen a lot of Regulars wearing them straight and even tilted left! Of course, they could have made up their own rules; but that would never happen in the ACO.

Most regular officers I know wear it straight. I’ve always tilted it right, partly due to no wishing to be any taller than I am!

Those who wear it straight = wrong.

I wore one for about 15 yrs’ service - tilted to the right is the correct manner.

[quote=“lead balloon” post=12448]Just an observation, but I see more staff wearing the cap central on top of there head. Is this the latest fashion and the dress regs haven’t caught up?

b. Forage Cap. The forage cap, which is an optional extra at own expense for Officers, WO (ATC) and SNCO (ATC) only, is worn tilted to the right so that that front edge is approximately 25mm above the eyebrows and the side edge is approximately 12mm above the right ear. The material is blue/grey worsted barathea of standard styling for wg cdrs and below; for gp capts the cap is piped in Minerva blue. The forage cap is not to be worn with CS 95 or other forms of combat dress.[/quote]

I was told off the other day by two officers wearing theirs centrally for wearing mine tilted. They didn’t like it when i produced AP1358C…

But it is amazing how many people think it should be worn centrally. You just look like a gnome.

Have these people never seen ‘Dad’s Army’?

Anyway, F.A.B, folks.

The RAF forage cap being worn straight+ central on the head, sometimes with a downwards tilt?

Absolutely no idea whatsoever where that influence might be coming from…

wilf_san

ps and now, a pukka forage cap

Personally I think it looks naff in the centre regardless.

I wish staff could set a better example of following dress regs, as it only makes them hypocrites when addressing cadets about their uniform fails.

Maybe too much to ask from weeknight warriors :wink: