For the mountain bikers... (or for people who like seeing *mad* stuff)

This has been doing the rounds for a couple of weeks, but on the off-chance you haven’t seen it yet and want some inspiration(?!) for post-lockdown adventures:

and, behind the scenes:

4 Likes

I cant wait to get away again on the MTB. Watopia on Zwift is pretty much all ive done in the past year.

I’d not seen the behind the scenes one - that’s pretty cool! I shall be getting out on the MTB this weekend now there is no more ice & snow to contend with. Probably not to ride down something like that though!

That is super cool!

I’ve not done any proper riding for months. Don’t have the space or money for an indoor trainer and the weather has been too grim for me.

I was eyeing up a new road bike, but mountain biking does look crazy fun… :thinking:

:nauseated_face:

I don’t know why, but the thought of going down a mountain at 30-40mph on two knobbly wheels makes me nearly wet myself…

…yet put me on two thin sticks of flat wood and plonk me on the side of a mountain covered in ice and I’ll happily do 60/70+…

3 Likes

Have the best of both worlds. Get a cyclocross/gravel bike. I got to the point when taking cadets out I never bothered with the MTB and just took that.

1 Like

Really need to get the MTB cleaned and in serviceable shape for being a fairweather rider again. Love some Danny Mac and hadn’t seen teh behind the scenes bit either!

Yeah, that’s definitely been a consideration. Don’t have mega bucks to spend on multiple bikes so something flexible would be good.

If you know someone with one I would be tempted to ask to borrow it and try it out first. It may be a little bit too much of a compromise either way for what you need/want.

I wouldn’t be without my full sus MTB as if I took my gravel bike to my local trail centre I would be dead within 5 mins, but when I’m out doing anything else the gravel bike wins hands down.

I would also hold off until these lockdowns finish, I suspect there is going to be a massive glut of second hand never used bikes on gumtree/eBay in the next 6 months going for pennies.

1 Like

and most bike shops seem to be quoting a 6 month lead time at the moment anyway… :frowning:

Im starting to be less forgiving of companies hiding behind the pandemic and brexit giving horrific lead times.

I ordered my new bike trainer from wahoo last Thursday, shipping from the Netherlands it arrived at my work on Monday. If I had ordered on Wednesday it would have arrived on the Friday.

I ordered a new cassette from wiggle the same day that was “in stock”, I’m still waiting 1 week later.

I’m not an aero fiend so a bit of compromise is fine.

I’ve been looking quite seriously at the Ribble CGR.

You cant go far wrong with a Ribble. I wouldn’t discount looking at a Giant Revolt 2 or a Cube Cross Race which are both very capable machines at that price point. Good luck getting hold of one at the moment though!

1 Like

Haha I’ve heard the lead times at the moment are a nightmare.

I’m in no great hurry though!

I signed up for GCN+ this month and have been loving their new adventure films, loads of off road stuff in addition to techy, road, and history films. Would recommend for cycling fans.

Danny MacAskill shared a post on Instagram: "Dodging your Monday jobs like..... 

🎥 @robbie_meade @wearepeny 
#hippyhop #mountainbiking #✌️". Follow their account to see 1595 posts.

3 Likes