FMT600 - apparently a 2 day course

I don’t mind (too much) having to attend my wing HQ annually, skim through the local MT orders (much of which are not relevant), have my license checked and get my 600 re-authorised.

I do mind having to waste a day or two doing similar.

I also object to having to use whitefleet vehicles and the complications this can cause, when civilian hire companies (who give us the exact same vehicles as we get when we book through phoenix) can provide us with perfectly acceptable service and more flexibility with insurance included (and no need for a '600). It would be interesting to see what the cost differential is; I suspect going direct to Hertz is going to be the cheapest option.

From what I remember talking to our Wng Exo
The hire costs were a reasonable saving over our local “quality” hire company. We had to get the wingco in to fight with the Exo regarding deliveries to our homes
In our area there were only 4 designated TA centres hertz were to deliver too and most were 20 miles plus drive for people it costs £16 to deliver and pick up it was a no brainier to all except the Exo…

2 days seems excessive. At Cranwell we did paperwork stuff in the morning, and came back after lunch for an hour or so check ride (there were only two of us famming on 50/50). So I can see that a day might well be required (if there’s quite a few students and not many instructors) but I really can’t see what the other day is for.

i got my instructor to sign my FMT600 while in Hull upon passing and it hasn’t been questioned…

on the assumption you had a '600 you missed a trick there

On-line + DVLA licence check + email/scan/sign MT Orders/return completed matrix test certificate & DVLA licence check.

If you need to do the matrix test, here is a link - it is a requirement every 5 yrs & is a 50 question test with a pass mark of 43. There is a “learning” option before taking the test if needed - no limit to the number of attempts either! :wink:

Click on ‘create new user’ & then the Union Flag & ‘take a test’ & then ‘start’.

You will need your DVLA number to authenticate the certificate at the end. Once you have passed the test, save/print a copy as required for your parent unit.