Flight tapes

Ive seen some sqns with coloured tapes about 1 inch thick that sit below rank slides, similar to pre-atf snco white tapes , anyone know where i could get these or what the are actually called ?
Cheera

Silk ribbon most likely from eBay. Cut to size and stapled or hot glue gun to form a loop.

Don’t do it…resist the urge!

1 Like

Found it, this is the stuff i was thinking about http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=200703763741&alt=web

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Why, why, why?
Why bother with dress regs at all if you’re just going to ignore them???

3 Likes

Im meaning only for within the sqn on sqn nights , not during public events , formal parades, camps ect

Do the cadets on your Sqn not know which Flights they’re in? Does it take a piece of coloured tape to remind them?

1 Like

More for the purpose of keeping the new cadets right, or to know who there flight ncos are

Will a briefing and a written handout not achieve the same aim?

Unless you’re on a Squadron with 200-odd cadets there is absolutely no need to have flight identifier tabs.

Even if you were on a squadron with 200 cadets they still wouldn’t be allowed. Notice the regulations don’t say “but [x,y,z] is okay so long as it’s only on the Squadron for Squadron nights”.

Virtually every other cadet in the Corps manages to learn which flight they are in and who their NCOs are without the aid of a coloured tab.

1 Like

Doing some reviving here.

It’s easy for me, I’m in Null Flight!

Cadets at RAFC have flight identification tabs

Yes they do.

We don’t.

3 Likes