Flight points spreadsheet

Hi, my OC has asked me as a CI to put together a flight points system for best of / most committed cdt, nco etc.

Im aware some squadrons already do this, can some send me a copy of theirs or screenshots/list of activities and points as a starting place.

I was considering points for attendance on parade nights, different sector, wing ,region events as well as badge training.

Thanks

1 Like

Our Sqn NCO team keep track of ours. However it we work off a “sliding scale” of different events. In general the below pretty much covers everything, MOI might fall under a 10 pointer even though it might take place at sector level. But in general, a list of activities (depending on your squadron) and some weighting is good to start with. The big thing about this is making sure you keep it up-to-date and how you are going to do so, where is the validation and reporting coming from - checking SMS or are cadets going to tell you/e-mail. Are you taking on this role or going to delegate etc

Parade nights - 1 point
1st class - 2 points
Bronze badge - 5 points
Leading cadet- 5 points
Sector/Smaller training camps - 5 points
Silver badge - 10 points
Senior Cadet- 10 points
Squadron key events (BoB parade, Remembrance Sunday etc) - 10 points
Wing events/camps - 10 points
Master Cadet - 15 points
Gold badge - 15 points
Regional events/camps - 15 points
Flying Scholarship Wings - 20 points
National events/camps - 20 Points

You may look at the above and decide weighting things are different to you which is fine as there isn’t really a definitive answer.

2 Likes

DM me your e-mail address and I can send you some stuff

1 Like

I don’t have the spreadsheet, but we include inspection scores and run inter-flight competition events on one parade evening per month, the results of which also contribute to the overall inter-flight trophy.

2 Likes

We a gloriously built spreadsheet with tabs that tracked each cadets attendance, uniform scores and miscellaneous points throughout the year.

I’ve given up using it. It was too labour intensive on a parade night and was eating into other evenings. I now sit down for two evenings before annual awards are handed out and do an attendance/event/achievement score based on the data in SMS/Units. Then tack on a uniform score based on the years collected inspection sheets.

1 Like