Fitocracy

There was a post about this on the old forum, but I thought it was worth bumping on to here:

ACC is on Fitocracy - for those who don’t know what that is, it’s basically a social network for people who exercise.

So come on, prove that not all air cadets are couch potatoes and join up - if nothing else, Redowling could use a bit of encouragement to press harder :stuck_out_tongue:

Shush now! What do you do to get so many points??

To be fair I often forget to log stuff I don’t record on runkeeper!

I work out!

What else would it be?

Reported to the mods for offensive comments

Trouble is, I can’t be bothered with gym-type exercises. Bores the crap out if me. I’d rather go for a run at lunch time or perhaps go to circuits. Seems like the individual exercises get more weight than the cardio!

I’m fit! I walk to the chippy and back every night. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“redowling” post=11482]Trouble is, I can’t be bothered with gym-type exercises. Bores the crap out if me. I’d rather go for a run at lunch time or perhaps go to circuits. Seems like the individual exercises get more weight than the cardio![/quote]Run faster.

:slight_smile:

I’ve joined, let’s see how I often I remember to update it :slight_smile:

The app is well & truly shafted on iOS7. I did loads last week and can’t log it properly!

OK, bumping this to spread the word!

I’ve created a new challenge for June, so if you’ve forgotten to log activities (or have just been sitting around on your bottom for the last few months) there’s a bit of competition to get you back into it!

Thats mental, I literally have been toying with starting a thread on sports/fitness to try and what other people were into but couldnt think how to word it.

Top thread!

And working out isnt boring! Why not compliment your running and crosstrain other aspects to improve it. Not just running but any sport!

Anyone into Powerlifting?
What about Martial Arts?

Although anyone that wants to discuss “crosfit” can just leave. Leave now and never return.

I’m already fit enough I reckon. I walk to the chippy and back every night!

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the basic principle of Crossfit - mixing cardio with high-rep resistance, it’s just the “reverse fight club” rule that gives it a bad name!

Wd - you said that last year! And we still don’t know how far the chippy is from your gaff :wink:

I kind of gave up on Fitocracy as it wasn’t importing my runs from RunKeeper properly and the app wasn’t playing properly on my phone.

Might try and get back into it for now then.

Did I?
Edit. So I did.
I wish I could remember where I heard that… It’s just always in my head when someone talks about fitness.
Well, to anyone reading this thread now (especially if they don’t notice the dates) I just look like “Mr 1 joke”… and not a very good joke.

Oh, and it’s just around the corner. This exercise lark is easy! :wink:

[quote=“MattB” post=18632]I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the basic principle of Crossfit - mixing cardio with high-rep resistance, it’s just the “reverse fight club” rule that gives it a bad name!

Wd - you said that last year! And we still don’t know how far the chippy is from your gaff ;)[/quote]

Agreed! The fundamentals are good.
But crossfit is nothing new, its just intensive circuit training. The military have been doing it for years! Its just been given a fancy name.
What annoys me about it is the fact people with hardly any experience start trying to do complex lifts with horrendois form and ego gets into it instead of going light and getting the form. Its 1 way ticket to snapcity! Loads of people get injured from Crossfit.

And the fact its saturated with the “we dont pose but we actually do” people. The “box” (not a gym…roll eyes) doesnt have any mirrors to stop posing…mirrors are vital for checking form!
Anyway Rant over.
Anyone do triathlons? Its a goal in life to do one but I am a little too in love with my big lifts.

mapmyrun is a good site/app.

I’ve done a couple of sprint triathlons; can’t seem to find the training time to step up to Olympic distances though at the moment. The evening series I did after work I really enjoyed, great fun and easily achievable if you swim, cycle & run anyway.

I would love to do a triathlon, I just don’t want to buy a road bike!

Someone somewhere must do a cross-country triathlon though; open water swim, mountain bike and trail run?

If not then I’ve just invented it! :slight_smile:

I borrowed a road bike for mine. Not riding a road bike before the actual event was an error however…I found out that the gearing and riding technique is somewhat different!

There are definitely off-road triathlons, I’ve come across a few on the net.

Problem I find is that most off-road events tend to be duathalons rather than triathlons, and I don’t want to miss out on the swimming as that’s my strongest bit!