First parade night for cadets

Hi all.
Tomorrow night we will have a recruitment intake (10-15 people may show).

I am looking some ideas of activities we should do tomorrow to sustain their interest, and make them come back.

Thanks
Cadet NCO team of ***sqn

Your staff should have a plan for what they want to do… Are the prospective recruits going to be there with their parents in attendance for the night? How long do you have to fill?

When we do them we have the prospective newbies there for only about an hour, gives us time to set things up and then de-kit afterwards.

You want to give them an intro to everything. A word from the staff, and a chance for the cadets to show off their various bits. Shooting, first aid, exams, flying / flight sim if you’ve got it. 10 minutes on each, don’t bore them. Keep them moving.

They will be without parents and here for an hour or so. I think we could get someone to do maybe CPR, another doing a small leadership exercise, and another doing the atc presentation of what we do etc. And then split them into small groups and rotate around?

We give a 10 minute talk at my squadron to everyone then we seperate the kids from the parents. We do initiative exes and a small amount of drill then invite the parents to see an end of evening parent with their children on parade. Haven’t failed yet in the 2 1/2 years I’ve been there.