First Aid RPL?

This is just a general question.
A bit like music is there a way to gain a first aid badge with a qualification I already hold. For example, I have a level 3 first aid at work and a National Pool Lifeguard Qualification. Is there a way I can get a first aid badge from these?

I think FAAW is equivalent to a Silver badge? You should qualify for that as a result of having done a course with a minimum hours requirement. Depends on who did it, though.

Your staff can double check with your Wing’s First Aid Officer, you’ll need to provide proof of your qualification (certificate will suffice).

It has to be the same St John award to wear the badge. For first aid cover purposes we recognise any provider but for the badge it needs to be St John as it’s their logo on the badge and the badge states the name of the award.

1 Like

You’re more qualified than the majority of staff but you won’t be able to teach or assess first aid or wear a badge till you jump from the hoops.

The only exception I can think of is if your FAW course was delivered by St. John’s. Then you could make a case by sending your certificate to the region first aid officer.

1 Like

No badge (as others have said!) - but you can sign off cadet swimming proficiencies (also no badge) which subsequently enables them to take part in water based adventure training (also no badge!).

2 Likes

These be poisonous heathen words to the Gods of the PTS.
:rofl::joy: