Finding Warrant Officer/Officer pattern No1 Uniform

Morning All

Just Wondering if anyone knows of a good source for a good PWS Officer/WO Pattern No1 uniform for a perfect Lockdown Male Figure, Ideally around a 44-46 chest with a 38-40 waist.

I’ve tried parent unit who are unable to assist at this time, and I’ve asked around the Wing for anything that may be tucked away in their stores.

So I thought Id use the wisdom of my Collegues. Your help and advice would be most appreciated.

There are very few options for PWS I’m afraid.

Ebay is always worth a look.

Indeed it is and I am regularly checking, unfortunately many of their previous owners where of a size I can only dream of being these days, the days of the more Portly shaped RAF Warrant officers have long gone.

Yeah. They are often on the svelte side.

A good tailor will be able to do much to take in a set so you can always consider going slightly larger. But factor in the cost of alterations.
Ideally a good fit in the shoulder is the aim but even the shoulder can be taken in a little.
I wouldn’t go bigger than a couple of inches in the chest though, because taking in any more than that will cause problems.

I’d recommend knights tailor in Tidworth… Outstanding service and standards

1 Like

though it tends to be ‘serving officer’ sized…

My 1s and 5s always go there for alterations, re-ranking, etc.

1 Like

He’s getting mine in the summer to rerank, medal up and take about 4 inches of the chest… Going to cost a small fortune!

Serving Officers are obviously only half the men they were in my day - certainly by the time they got to those exalted ranks!
MyEmoticons-com__beer
Although looking at the sizes you can see why the prices seam so reasonable - my more comfortable ones would probably fetch double that price amongst the less svelte CFAV community