FIFA World Cup 2022 thread

Well Brazil have started the game well.

Well done Morocco!

1 Like

RyanAir have been absolutely :fire::fire: on their Instagram pages recently.

1 Like

I dont get these elf on shelf memes… anyone help an old git out?

Btw i know what elf on shelf is.

Make a picture with things that rhyme. In this case, Spain in a plane. (There’s another rude rhyme here too, but I’ll get told off for posting that one.) Half the fun of this meme type is working out what the hell the rhyme is meant to be. :sweat_smile:

Rhyming.

Spain on a plane - because they’re going home

1 Like

Ok thanks.

Feelin thick now.
:man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

For some reason I find them deeply unfunny :man_shrugging:

Already decided the new RAFAC meme page isn’t for me due to their propensity for them.

1 Like

I do agree here. I good meme page needs good variety.

Some very questionable refereeing. Though Kane should really have got the target on that one. Does that count as losing on penalties?

1 Like

Inexcusable to not hit the target with that.

I think I would have put someone else to take it, 2 in one game is tricky as keeper mind games.

Some good saves from both keepers so probably a balanced game.

2 Likes

Ref was pretty poor, but all in all I feel like as losses go we can hold our heads up there.

1 Like

Agree. We left everything on the field and can be proud of that performance

Unlike the Euros, and Russia this time we had to play a big team and that was too much for us.

1 Like

We beat Germany in the knock outs at the Euros. I know they’ve fallen on tough times recently, but it’s a bit much to suggest they’re not a big team.

“It was a game of 2 halves” and “the lads did their best” “the defending was good” “but we could have made more shots”, “but what about that ref… blind as a bat”…

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

Yeah I know, reads like the same old same old - but the number of fouls that went unchecked was laughable. He even had to be cajoled into VAR for the second penalty, which was so clearly a body check as to be a joke.

But honestly, watching that match at no point was I feeling like we couldn’t get back into it. Similar to the Euro final.

I genuinely believe this team can win something in the next cycle.

3 Likes

God damnit. I had a free Chinese riding on the final if France won! That is looking very unlikely now :rofl:

Thats 2nd goal was disgusting.