FIFA World Cup 2022 thread

Given we’re 40-odd minutes away from the England kick off, a few hours away from the Welsh kick off, and a day into the tournament, I imagine there will be the odd comment here or there about what’s going on, so thought a thread might be useful.

Also, given evening games are kicking off at 7pm, it might cause more than a few absences among the particularly keen footballing fans among our cadets.

This can also be a place to bash FIFA and their decision making should that tickle your pickle.

And while we’re on the topic of Qatar, worth remembering the RAF has very cordial relations with them including a couple of joint squadrons based in the UK…

2 Likes

Indeed, spent an afternoon with them at Leeming in the summer. Excellent hosts and generous with their time and airframes.

On Topic - It’s Coming Home (maybe, possibly, who knows) :england:

12 Squadron are out there augmenting the air defence plus there is at least one Voyager providing AAR capability, flying yesterday for the opening ceremony.

Man kicks leather spheroid.

People cry, people cheer.

3 Likes

Did you just assume their gender? :wink:

And it’s polyurethane these days.

1 Like

Erm… yes…
But erm… no…

Arghhhh i dont know…

It’s the mens world cup, not the women’s world cup so you’re probably safe. Even if the players are as melodramatic as stereotypes claim women are.

1 Like

Except the Iranian keeper it would appear who really should not still be playing with that head injury

2 Likes

While a fan of England, I’m not a fan of England fans (especially after a particularly bad trip to Porto), but I must admit I can get behind them singing Hey Jude.

2 Likes

Nothing like milking an old favourite

3 Likes

A Christmas song I’ll tolerate before December.

1 Like

Total dominance of this match.

The fans have been banned from going on the booze this year so likly to okay. Still liked the mirrors headline on the situation,

1 Like

THE World Cup isn’t until next year!

I always used to show England matches that took place on a parade night, if it got to the quarter finals or beyond I would be shut.

I sincerely hope you’re not referring to… (shudder)… rugby?

Well well, not a bad start.

Would have liked to see us stop the penalty though to provide some confidence going into the inevitable shootout we seem to arrive in at most competitions!

2 Likes

Happy now?

Argentina :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

I put £5 pre tournament on them to not get out of the group.

2 Likes