Fieldcraft Ban

I have received an email from WFTO which basically says all fieldcraft has been banned until each instructor is revalidated.

Is this a national thing or a local wing policy.

Thanks

1 Like

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

:rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

This was mentioned recently, I’ll try find the link… From memory it’s not a ban pre-se; but just making sure staff are suitably in-date.

2 Likes

Is this a local thing, region or national…

I’ve got FT exercises in the plan and if there is a ban or something it would be nice to know…

Or is this a certain group captain ‘exercising their desire for “assurance” again’?

1 Like

See this link

To quote another user on here that summarised it well:

It’s not a stop order but ‘guidance’ to the RCs on what should happen to ensure things are being brought back online.

Looks like the RCs have picked it up and some have promulgated it wider than others.

:rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
Hope this nonsense doesnt spread.

I have it on good faith just now from a friend in a wing in that Region that their wing fto hasnt lifted a finger in the whole of their time in role, coming on for 2 years now…

Not a single new FCI appointed and only a ‘wait out’ on this new muck.

Pathetic.

Arguably those WFTO who know their team well won’t need to send this sort of thing out. They will know which FCIs are safe to run activities, and those that maybe need refresher training!

It’s just the same as shooting requires a face-to-face package before re-commencing. Also, FMT600s are no longer valid as no MT vehicles have been driven in over 12 months so be set to get those re-validated.

That’s not what your link says…
Mandatory 5 hour training session.
Easp writing.
Etc etc…

Are people so thick as to forget how to do things that quick?

Oh I’m aware that’s not what that says. But that’s one RHQs interpretation of what ever has come out of HQAC. Clearly there is no set rule here as in my wing (different region to the one linked) I’ve seen nothing about mandatory refresher training.

1 Like

Interesting… ok that’s hopeful then.

It’s literally following a PowerPoint for the teaching but ultimately it’s less fancy camping. We’re not training child soldiers!

1 Like

It’s a currency thing.

All AT instructors have to prove currency yearly.

FC instructors do as well, Wing Fieldcraft Officers should keep a register of currency. If they haven’t kept it, or assurance has been sought, it would make sense that there would be a hold on fieldcraft until it’s sorted. Some people qualify, then do nothing for years and expect to still be current, which isn’t the case.

2 Likes

It’s coming, AT recently underwent policy updates to ensure currency was assessed correctly, Fieldcraft currently going through the same.

3 Likes

Threaders is correct, if you delivered in the last 12 months you should be fine, if not expect to do a refresher.

It was advice to Regional Commandants, they have all interpreted it in different ways as they see fit in their role as DDH.

2 Likes

Yeah but AT is looking at the longer term picture, your currency is based on the last 5 years not the last 12 months.

1 Like

Any signed up members of this 1% club knocking about? We’ve been closed for 14 months!

1 Like

That depends if delivering the theory counts. There would have been nothing stopping FCIs delivering ssome theory training over teams that could count maybe…

1 Like

It is a small club but some were delivering in October from what I’m seeing.