FACS Combat Uniform?

They have their uses, easier to get to stuff when you’re strapped in!

1 Like

We all know the struggle of getting something out of a pocket when you’re harnessed in!

Can totally keep a combi tool in one. Which was nice.

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking. Plus no body armour or Bergans getting in the way.

I have a total hatred for those pockets.

How long until we see VGS staff wearing these? I know they are not going to be issued, but someone will buy them to”keep up wit the trend”!?

I keep a small pen torch in my zip pocket on my arm, but I definitely wouldn’t put something in there that I use regularly.

Actually, thinking about it, even if I am strapped into anything, I can barely get my arm across to the other arm. Suppose it would depend on your body Meechanics. Either way, terrible design.

PCS needs to get binned. I don’t care how many officers lose profits from their shares.

I don’t think it should be binned, but there’s enough scope for a major re-design - the top half especially.

We already had suitable designs with the Old MTP clothing. I have saidnit before, but saying it again in hope some of the bright idea fairies catch onto it.

The old DPM Trousers and shirt cut were ideal. PCS is genuinely terrible. No one likes it, no one likes the arm pockets, the collar, the stupid chest pockets, and the stupid forearm Velcro bits.

Lads were trying anything to beg, borrow or steal the old cut MTP shirts for the Jungle. As the PCS was bulky, awkward and kept heat in.

The trousers are stupid and the pockets are worse. And the Smocks were terrible with silly felt pockets that you aren’t allowed to use or get soaking wet or full of snow.

Once again, it’s just over engineered, over hyped crap that people just want so they look “ally”.

1 Like

I like the PCS chest pockets. Far easier to get into than the CS95 style.

The forearm “padding” pockets… Useless, obviously. I cut the velcro out of my mine and stitched them closed as my first modification.

The upper arm pockets… Meh. The flap make a sort-of-workable pen holder.

I can’t say I’ve ever had any sort of problem with the collar. It’s just a collar.

Trousers… What’s the big deal? They’re comfortable and hard wearing. The slanted pockets are easier to access whilst sitting which is of course the intention and only slightly tricky when standing. Fuss over nothing if you ask me.

2 Likes

I just ordered one of the new flying suit to use at my local airfield. I have a Mk16 one as my current one, the only thing is every time you bend down the velcro on the back comes undone, my new flying suit is great, and it’s comfortable. The legs are a little big, but chatting to my RAF friends they say the same. I prefer a flying suit to MTP kit as it’s all one piece and designed to be used whilst flying. Hope that helped, anyone looking for the latest flying suit, drop me message.

1 Like