F1 Chat

Bye bye Mazepin

I saw something yesterday but couldn’t find a credible source

Not exactly a loss to the Sport.

Well it’s on the BBC now.

Will be interesting to see who gets the shot.

Yeah was just looking.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: China & Russia

A post was merged into an existing topic: China & Russia

Moved some posts into the Russia thread to avoid the overlap where the focus was shifting away from F1.

1 Like

Having just watched the first 4 episodes of DTS I reckon Haas would’ve had a rocky relationship with Mazepin this season if they hadn’t sacked him. Showed that he and his Dad were exactly who we all thought!

Can’t see that they will be reacting favourably to the coverage.

1 Like

His dad was an idiot That hass episode is where this season peaks by the way. I thought the rest od the season was a dissapointment

Yeah it doesn’t paint them in the best light really

Some of the reviews have said the same. With just the last two episodes left to watch I’m in agreement.

I think the format as it was doesn’t seem to work, I’d like to see something more of a technical behind the scenes but I’m a bit of a geek and know DTS is all about the Drama.
I’m sure F1 themselves have said they think the format needs to change for the next season.

However only 5 days until the season starts!!

Literally breezed over the max lewis season finale

I did hear an interview with the makers on 5 Live, and it sounds like from the perspective of bringing new fans to F1 it’s succeeded and not just over here.

Sounds like they maybe need to split the content more to appeal to new and generic fans, and add something extra above for the more hardcore.

With how much other coverage that finale got, what value could they have added?

Christian and Toto are such big parts of the show and both really let the cameras in, can see why they wouldn’t want to take too much of a stand.

I can’t see Christian letting them film breakfast with his kids if they came out and told the truth, that Max shouldn’t have won and that Michael Masi basically gifted Red Bill the title by breaking the rules.

For me the fix is simple. Let max have his title, but put an asterisk after it. For the rest of time.

Or make them share it, so it only counts as half a world championship.

Outside of the Redbull fanboys and the Lewis haters everyone already puts that asterisk in. Their own heads anyway.

It would be fun to make it a thing, graffiti it on promotional material, slip it into programs. Make it haunt him.

1 Like

I had to laugh at Lewis 10 second Stop Go penalty when they showed it on DTS, someone timed it online and it was 32 seconds on the show :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Just finished the last episode,
There were so many other key moments from the season that were missed.

Where was Alonso’s win, Lewis’s DQ, Seb’s DQ to name a few. Not saying there should have been a whole episode or part about them but to not even mention them……

Just watched episode 5, that McLaren win made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up!

Ever the cynic but I despise DTS. Well more the spawn of ‘experts’ it’s produced that take to social media to fanboy Lewis or Max and disregard everything else.

On a lighter note I’d love to see McLaren do well this year. About time they were back in the game properly.