F1 Chat

Did you hear the radio from Horner to Masi? Then suddenly some lapped cars were moving!

2 Likes

I would say having a go at them for a bit isn’t influencing. I was referring to bribes or such. When ever there something controversial going on the teams are all shouting at the officials.

And Merc have withdrawn their appeal.

1 Like

so why didn’t anyone else do that? And why didn’t that put him at a disadvantage by being further back?

would have won, or “would have been more likely” to win? What would have stopped Verstappen still catching up in the reminder of the race that was left?

Because he and Hamilton were far enough away from the pack to pit and get back out ahead of 3rd place, but he was too close to Hamilton for Hamilton to pit and get out ahead of him. For Verstappen he had nothing to lose by pitting, whereas Hamilton had everything to lose.

He would’ve needed to get past 3 cars, that’s going to take at least a third of the lap even with blue flags, with no traffic in front of him Hamilton would’ve been long gone by that point, no way that Verstappen would’ve caught him let alone caught him and passed him in that amount of distance.

Mercedes would’ve looked at the rules and done the Maths, which is why the rules being breached by the FIA (twice in 1 lap) is so contentious.

4 Likes

Made me giggle

3 Likes

6 Likes

However, it is likely groups such as the RAF’s Red Arrows will be permitted as they are less obviously linked to the military.

Errrrr …

scratches head

3 Likes

Interesting move given they are so keen to do more and more travel!

Surely if they are that bothered by the environment and sustainability they would just scrap F1 altogether

4 Likes

Within 15 years probably…

All F1 will have to be electric anyway!

That would be FE.

F1 has to remain combustion engine I think, it they had moved already and there wasn’t an electric version then maybe.

Won’t be before 2039
Formula E has exclusivity until then.

Sure sure.
My point was more that social pressure will force this.

Also…
F1 remains relevant, because the majority still drive combustion engines.

Once the majority drive electric vehicles, the desire will shift to see those race.

People want to see what something similar to their vehicle can do.

I’d give you that if the topic was BTCC or WRC, but not F1.

1 Like

All of the current rule changes are based around the idea of using F1 to develop technology for road cars, hence why things like emery recovery were brought into the Sport.

So as we see road cars move away from ICE I think we will see a hybrid phase moving into an electric phase for F1.

2 Likes

I think we will, but not for a a while yet. The current engines are locked in until 2025 anyway.

Hate to burst your bubble…
But 2025 is only 3 years away.

Indeed, however 2039 is less so.
They will still be hybrid engines until then unless Formula E allow F1 to change.