Exercise for cadets

Evening Guys,

I’m trying to think of exercise scenarios which will involve first aid, possible vehicles/medevac, a warship, a military element eg a patrol etc.

Just need ideas for a multi-stage exercise for 25+ cadets at this point - aim is to have 5 in ‘HQ 1’ as the command team, and then have groups of 5 cadets in teams, possibly 4 or 5 teams.

Fantasy scenarios are good, and as military yet believable as possible is what I’m aiming for!

I’ve run exercises in the past based on the premise that the sqn has been deployed to a war zone to carry out a peace keeping mission.

The initial briefing contained a scenario based on two fictional countries in conflict, and the overall mission is to de-escalate the tensions.

The cadets were given grid references via radio, and at each grid reference there would be a task to complete. We’ve had:

Minefield clearance
Bridge building
Area search
CTR
A staged Land rover crash with several injured occupants,
Press handling exercise
Vehicle search
Map/model making
Stretcher run
Spot and crawl/stalking

You could set up the stands on a round Robin basis, to minimise the staff needed. If you have an excess of staff you could have several act as indigenous population, and interact with the groups.

4 Likes

Forgot to add:

Have a look at the Cambrian patrol (this years exercise has just started, IIRC). You may be able to borrow some ideas from that as well.

1 Like

This is @MattB area of expertise I believe

1 Like

1344 (Cardiff) Sqn do Cambrian Patrol (or possibly a cadet version also hosted by 160 Bde) - dropping them a line might yeild some options.

Northumbrian UOTC were there as well.

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.