Equivalent leadership badge

So I’m in the CCF and haven’t found any way to get on any RAF courses. However after talking to my, dare I say it, Navy CO I was put on a Junior Leadership course. As I understand its better to have an equivalent badge on your brassard rather than a badge from the Navy. If any knows what this qualification is equivalent to in RAF badges I would appreciate it greatly!

Thanks

Good idea to be anony-moose on here :grimacing:

1 Like

rafac doesn’t do equivalent badges - they seem to forget that CCF can do courses from other services.

depending on how long the course takes, i’d say it’s equivalent to the rafac ones.
ie. bronze = 1 day
silver = 2 day
gold = 1 week

OK, thanks for that. Its a shame that the CCF is somewhat forgotten but I guess I’ll make do!

Your best bet is to discuss with staff locally. However you should not be wearing a RAFAC badge if you haven’t completed the RAFAC accredited course.

As far as I know the vast majority of courses and badges run by the Army and Naval CCF sections are not officially considered equivalent to RAFAC courses and badges.

Therefore only badges from CCF(RAF) recognised courses should be worn on a CCF(RAF) brassard.

As others have mentioned, in future you might want to consider your digital footprint and whether it’s a sensible choice to upload a picture of a certificate including your full name.

Ask you contingent Cdr or SSI.

RAF CCF are not entitled to the PTS badges & have to privately purchase so it’s really comes down to your contingent.

You could go down the old CCf route of second brassard but it’s your schools route really.

I believe the only courses that you can get an equivalent badge for are ACLC (RIP), the tri-service leadership course, and ACF cadet leadership course at CTC frimley park, and one other location. These all are at gold level, and I believe you would be able to wear a gold RAFAC leadership badge if you passed any of these

1 Like

Bring back being RAFAC cadets being able to do the Cadet Leadership Course at Frimley! It was good fun, but hard work for staff too, I ADS’d on several iterations.

It’s in the ACTO that we can, along with another ACF one ran by some Brigade HQ,

But obviously there are things in writing, and things in practice so i’m not sure

1 Like