Equipment in General, Whos the best supplier

This seems to have 2 angles - best supplier ie shop and best manufacturer/brand name. In the modern day it’s becoming unusual to find companies that only manufacture and sell their own products. Even then manufacture is normally subbed out to contractors and these contractors make other brands/products across the price range. But this is not openly known or easily found out.

In terms of supplier it’s all about the service they provide which is multi-faceted, but the main ones for me is what they stock and wrt clothing/footwear can I fiddle with it/try it on. This is because brands change who they get to make things and this can affect the quality.

[quote=“kahlenda” post=11784]

what would you suggest as a good cadet boot alternative then?

ETA-

And what do eople think of £19.99 for a brand new set of parade shoes (m or F) and £34.99 for a brand new set of assault boots?[/quote]

I wouldn’t know I’m afraid as I don’t generally wear those type of boots any more. The only black boots I wear are altberg sneekers which are a bit out of the price range you are looking for! The problem with assault boots is they are uncomfortable for a lot of people and they tend to fall apart if left on the shelf too long.

Sorry i should have been a bit clearer, when i say supplier i mean the brand name itself. so webtex,Kombat,highlander,karrimor ect. ect.

Its not that hard to find out. for example. webtex, mil-com, viper, jack pyke are all owned by the same company thatch reed. and they have each of the products manufactured by a contractor.

[quote=“glass half empty 2” post=11855]
In terms of supplier it’s all about the service they provide which is multi-faceted, but the main ones for me is what they stock and wrt clothing/footwear can I fiddle with it/try it on. This is because brands change who they get to make things and this can affect the quality.[/quote]

Well as for what i intend to stock thats sorta what this thread is all about what you you guys think a cadet store should stock. what brands what items is there anything you think one totally shouldnt stock. and as for the trying things on that obviously is hard with a online shop. however i do offer the garantee

[quote] Guarantee

We offer a full refund on items that are not suitable to the customer’s requirements in order for you to buy with confidence. All goods returned however, must be in their original packaging and in perfect condition. [/quote] so i mean theres always the try them on and if you really dont like it send them back and get a full refund.

This explains a lot. They are all crap.

This explains a lot. They are all crap.[/quote]

and expensive even from the trade side haha.

however my stock from Kombat came today :D. and too be really fair im surprised by the quality of the stuff ive got, specially the waterproof notebook case’s its alot better than i thought it was going to be.

My boot are Altbergs purchased from John bull a few years ago.

There is probably potential in the cadet market for anther seller. Price, easy to use website, good service and good stock will be the make or break things.

I happily shop around and like to avoid some of the big players. I would use smaller internet based companies to save some pennies on kit.

That said I when I find a company I like and trust I would pay a little more to buy from them, people like RVops. (plus I love their video reviews).

Boots wise there are some rip off magnum type boots which could be a good cadet seller at the 40 quid mark.

Though budget options are important for cadets I would be very much put off buying from a supplier who seemed to stock mostly webtex and the like.

First off thanks for your reply, like i’ve said i want to make this a store where the stock is the stuff YOU guys wanna see cadets buying and what you think they need.

Evenyone loves altbergs but they are just too expensive for a young cadet who is just going to outgrow them. however if enough instructors would like to by them i would consider stocking them.

[quote=“Pamela” post=11889]
There is probably potential in the cadet market for anther seller. Price, easy to use website, good service and good stock will be the make or break things.

I happily shop around and like to avoid some of the big players. I would use smaller internet based companies to save some pennies on kit.

That said I when I find a company I like and trust I would pay a little more to buy from them, people like RVops. (plus I love their video reviews).[/quote] id like to think my website is easy to use, anyone disagree feel free to let me know how and why. and yes reviews are good and how about people that buy getting reward points for doing a review :smiley:

Boots wise there are some rip off magnum type boots which could be a good cadet seller at the 40 quid mark.[/quote] mmmm ive been looking at these jontex ones that seem ok,

Though budget options are important for cadets I would be very much put off buying from a supplier who seemed to stock mostly webtex and the like.[/quote]

ok so at the moement the majority of my stock is Kombat uk, seas i only had a small amount of cash and seeing as i had to spend half of it on there haha. but its all the good qaulity stuff and i stayed away from their load carrying equipment.

I found that there is a company on line called patrol store, they do combat boots at not bad prices.

[quote=“kahlenda” post=11888]
however my stock from Kombat came today :D. and too be really fair im surprised by the quality of the stuff ive got, specially the waterproof notebook case’s its alot better than i thought it was going to be.[/quote]

Kombat are fine for the small stuff, but I would never buy webbing or rucksacks from them.

[quote=“talon” post=11992][quote=“kahlenda” post=11888]
however my stock from Kombat came today :D. and too be really fair im surprised by the quality of the stuff ive got, specially the waterproof notebook case’s its alot better than i thought it was going to be.[/quote]

Kombat are fine for the small stuff, but I would never buy webbing or rucksacks from them.[/quote]

yeah well i only have small stuff from them, though i am going to be looking at the british tactical you recommended.

Anyway peoples i have started trading and you may have guessed from the banner at the top of ACC.

Kombat and webtex are horrendous.

Jetboil is expensive but not too bad. Good for a cuppa. But not so good for warming boil in the bags.

Tasmanian Tiger is fantastic if a little pricey. They originate from a German company.

Snukpak are brilliant! Really good. Not as pricey as buffalo but just as good.

Suunto have good kit. Very good reliable watches.

Alrbergs, Lowas and Hanwags are the best you can get.

i think our friend has already gone out of business - its pity for him, but no great surprise.