Entry level H&S

Not sure if this is the right category, but I’m just rewriting my CV and wondering if the entry level H&S qualification you do in the cadets is a recognised qualification and if so what its name is. Can’t seem to find any information on it.

Appreciate any help, thanks!

I believe it is not recognised, but you could talk about what skills/qualities it helped you develop

Just had the time to look it up:

“CADET HEALTH AND SAFETY, ENTRY LEVEL AWARD”

The phrasing is potentially a little ambiguous, because the award itself originated from the Cabinet Office and British Safety Council, and is described as “industry recognised”, but has also “been amended in a cadet friendly package”.

Never any harm in sticking it on your CV in whatever “other qualifications and experience” section you have in your template, and you should have a certificate to back yourself up.

You’re not about to be getting a H&S job off the back of it alone, but on a CV and as a talking point, having a fundamental H&S understanding (hazard identification, control measures and safety signs) is something that might pique some interest and set you apart (at the very least as someone that shouldn’t need to be told not to drink the glowing green fluid with the skull on the label).

4 Likes

I definitely seem to recall a Region TSA pointing out that it was a recognised qualification during a heated discussion around its relevance some time ago.
Quite how well recognised is anyone’s guess; but I’d reckon that Giminion has the right idea.

1 Like

Thank you! I’m not looking for a job in health and safety, though it is something else to put on a CV as a talking point (as you mentioned). Did remember my OC saying it was from the BSC but hadn’t a clue what it was called.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.