you’re not asking the right person.
looking on the website
Simple yet accurate
The what3words algorithm takes complex GPS coordinates and converts them into unique 3 word addresses. It means anyone can talk about anywhere with 3 simple words.
what3words is useful where street addresses don’t exist and provides a level of specificity when they are not accurate enough
read more https://what3words.com/about/
Addressing around the world isn’t suitable for everyday needs. Street addresses can be inaccurate or ambiguous. Road names are repetitive. Homes and businesses are often located far from the centre of their postcode. And much of the world simply isn’t addressed – from informal settlements to the park where you’ve planned to meet friends, or the precise location where you’re waiting for the cab to collect you.
As we continue to integrate new technologies into our daily lives, so the role of precise and reliable addressing becomes ever more important.
Poor addressing means deliveries go astray, businesses can’t be found, aid doesn’t get through, remote assets are difficult to manage and friends fail to meet up. At best, it’s expensive and frustrating. At worst, it hampers growth and development, restricts social mobility and affects lives.
75% of the world suffers from poor addressing or none at all. The other 25% still lacks universal coverage. Whilst improvements have been made in mapping and navigation, defining exactly where “there” is remains a big issue.
Precise and consistent location referencing can not only improve global addressing, it could also connect you to untapped customer bases and new industry sectors. 3 word addresses can become the answer to a wealth of problems.
The UN estimates that 4 billion people lack a reliable way to address their homes. They struggle to open bank accounts, register a birth or access electricity or water supplies, becoming invisible to the state.