Electronic Signatures

A while ago I saw an email or a document saying which forms we could “sign” electronically and which still required wet signatures on. Does anyone remember it and know where it is so I can find it? Or even better link me to it?

Had half a mind that it might have been an IBN (maybe 007-2019) but that seems to have been rescinded as incorporated into ACP20, so maybe not that one?

I use Word logged in with my RAFAC to add a comment to the document to say that I signed electronically.

Did have a suggestion last week to create an electronic signature in MS Paint :joy::joy::joy::joy:

I thought it was too, but I can’t seem to find any mention of it. And you know the search function is useless anyway

That isn’t going to pass my WHQ I don’t think…

@pEp it is that IBN. Not a link direct to the policy, but an archived email from one Wing:

1 Like

Using Paint might as well just type Electronically Signed

1 Like

You joke, but for years I’ve been pasting an image of my signature into documents, saving it as a PDF and emailing that. Seems to keep WHQ happy and is much better than printing, signing and then scanning.

1 Like

Thanks everyone. Found it, but wasn’t the result I was hoping for. I would like to have thought that there would have been something allowing digital signatures given that hardly anyone has access to a printer or scanner now…

Tried electronic signature, included email trailing from my Bader account and it got bounced; needed wet signature :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

There definitely was one… I remember commenting at the time that it would still be confusing for the many people who don’t know the difference between a ‘scanned signature’, ‘typing their name’, ‘typing “original signed”…’, and an actual ‘electronic signature’ i.e. a digital certificate…

No idea where it is now. I fancy that James had something to do with it.

You laugh…

… But I’ve just sent some legal forms off, and that is an accepted method.

It’s also been accepted by our WHQ on several documents recently.

… Plus, that’s why the person suggested it to you in the first place.

There are numerous e-signature on-line options, such as Docusign (used this for a letting contract).

Emails (no signature) can often have legal standing, even for contract law.

RAFAC needs to move with the times.

5 Likes