Easter Camps

Does anyone else have the following Easter Camps?

• Northolt - March - April

• Garelochhead - April - April

If anyone has been, and feedback/advice for these camps, Northolt will be my first camp! :slightly_smiling:

Thanks

i can tell you that Garelochead will be cold and windy, with sleet, snow and rain.

if you haven’t got decent walking boots and DPM/MTP goretex trousers and jacket, get them. you’ll also appreciate a softie jacket and little things like gloves, wooly hat and a buff type thing…

ebay is your friend - Alt-berg defender boots (with retail for about £150…) and are very good are the current issue boot, there are lots on fleabay for the £30-40 mark. a softie can be had for about £25, though the sizing is big, so unless you are a 42 inch chest go for size small, and you’ll get a set of DPM gore-tex jacket and trousers for £40. MTP will cost another tenner because they are fashionable.

I have been to Garelochhead for the SGM. it is your typical army training camp. Nissan huts walk to the showers in the rain and a small bar/social club with vending machines but the food was rather good I thought. It will be cold it’s Scotland, there was still snow in the hills in May.

oh yeah - if you google ‘garelochead cadet camp’ you’ll get loads of pointers.

lots of Sqns go there, and the rough version of what you’ll be doing is shooting, hillwalking, navigation training, fieldcraft (in its widest sense) and first aid training. there will be, almost certainly, no drill, and not much in the way of section visits at Faslane. you might do a visit down into Glasgow if the weather is really poor, but the concensus is a greens orientated, outdoors orientated, relatively relaxed camp.

If you’re in the transit accommodation at Northolt it’s excellent. Good camp all in all and located ideally for central London.

Thanks! Looking forward to it so much!

Been to Northolt.Station itself isnt that brilliant as regards section visits but there is stuff to see.The local area is the thing for visits and London isnt far away at all.