EASPs Not Allowed to be Used

Whilst searching for something else entirely, I happened upon [u]this[/u]:

(My bold)

…despite EASPs still being current in ACP16, taught (as of April) in the ECOs course and clearly far more suitable for the task of running a deployed exercise, does this mean we should actually be using an EAM?

What’s that quote from though?

[quote=“MattB” post=24828]Whilst searching for something else entirely, I happened upon this:

(My bold)

…despite EASPs still being current in ACP16, taught (as of April) in the ECOs course and clearly far more suitable for the task of running a deployed exercise, does this mean we should actually be using an EAM?[/quote]
An EASP is if you’re running a full Ex (with or without) B&P whereas an EAM is more appropriate if you’re running a series of ‘stands’ or individual BE’s.

[quote=“MattB” post=24828]Whilst searching for something else entirely, I happened upon this:

(My bold)

…despite EASPs still being current in ACP16, taught (as of April) in the ECOs course and clearly far more suitable for the task of running a deployed exercise, does this mean we should actually be using an EAM?[/quote]

Directly contradicts what I was told on Sunday…

Distinction seems to be that EAMs should be used for just individual lessons. EASPs for more complicated things.

Policy letter from TG5 - see the hyperlink in my original post.

[quote=“Gunner” post=24830]An EASP is if you’re running a full Ex (with or without) B&P whereas an EAM is more appropriate if you’re running a series of ‘stands’ or individual BE’s.[/quote]That was precisely my understanding - but the policy seems to disagree.

Check the date though.

I think we can call that well and truly out of date as far as we go.

[quote=“Baldrick” post=24832][quote=“MattB” post=24828]Whilst searching for something else entirely, I happened upon this:

(My bold)

Directly contradicts what I was told on Sunday…

Distinction seems to be that EAMs should be used for just individual lessons. EASPs for more complicated things.[/quote]

This is correct. The purpose of the EAM is so that, if you wanted to, you could go out on the training area and do a fieldcraft lesson without having to write a huge EASP which would be overkil. If you want to do an FTX without an EASP, I would imagine you could but would have to write a separate EAM for each section, which would obviously be a lot of duplication for a single exercise. It is almost like they don’t want you to do FTXs…

Sorry, but I’m not familiar with that particular TLA…

What is an EAM?

EAM = Exercise Aide Memoire

EASP = Exercise Action & Safety Plan

Thanks Gunner. I know what an Aide Memoire is. :slight_smile: