Driving

Obviously disregarding the current situ (as long the current restrictions end on 02/12) have MT sections reopened? Looking to get my FMT600 but don’t actually know if MT anywhere/ parent stations had actually reopened before they put the current restrictions in place?

TL;DR- Are MT sections open/ will they be open in December?

My local MT Section has been open throughout.

Based on the assumption that England Activity can resume on 3 Dec, no reason you can’t speak to them, worst case they say no.

Ours is all done on-line / by email, etc.

Which reminds me… :grin:

Are you referring to renewal only? Our renewals are all email, but not initial issue…

Hmmm, good question. I think that a physical visit was required for initial issue - it was a few years ago!

1 Like

Our local station has no one able to issue FMTs. I know renewals are all online and Brize MT used to be really good at helping issue FMTs.

Depends how wary they remain about external visitors, if they’re running a course (cross-contamination concern, especially if they do a fam drive), or if they are a bit lax on that stuff with CFAV and hand them out on production of your license (not a common approach these days that I know of).

Sorry for the delay in replying, I’m referring to initial issue (which I haven’t seen anywhere that does that online…yet!)

Do you need an FMT 600 would be my initial question as if it is only Cat B there isn’t a requirement.

If it’s initial issue for a minibus then you would be best to ring your local MT, some are open and happy to help when out of lockdown, others not so much depending on how the station is rating the risk and their op committments.

It is for B/D1, having seen the announcement today that places will be able to reopen again in December will give my parent station MT a call and see what they’re running like

1 Like

How else do you get access to white fleet 6/9 seaters and vans?

Sorry, not sure I understand the question.

If it’s a phoenix vehicle then you don’t need an FMT 600 for Cat B was my thought process.

According to the JSP, but not local MT.

We have finally agreed to annual orders by email

Ah so local commanders making everyones life difficult to keep the fella in MT in the job. Nice.

I was told that to hire via Phoenix I needed an FMT.

I’m sure the rule changed last year that if it is only cat B then you don’t need it. It’s referenced in ACTO 150 Para 12.4.

You are bang on correct. You don’t need an FMT 600. However there are still a bunch of steps needed to register with your parent station, so I think most of them have stuck with just giving out a 600 as it’s essentially the same process! You have to sign orders (and first time still has to be done on station afaik) so may as well just get a 600 while you’re there!

Yeah there are still hoops to jump through. Stations are slowly making them less fiery.

1 Like