Drill & Ceremonial Portal

Drill & Ceremonial Portal on Sharepoint. Useful or not ? These areas on Sharepoint seem to be increasing.

I think once its up and running it will be an awesome tool to support drill progressive training aswell as uniformity across RAFAC

Still no updated dress regs…

There is a link to the latest dress regs, and 818 that actually works

The link on that portal still says it’s from Feb 2017, no mention of RAFAC slides etc. So to my last point, they’ve not been updated.

Its in the process of being written

This is the overall long term aim for SharePoint to group information and documents together by activity rather than file type.

Someone has recognised finding the 4x radio publications, or 4x shooting publications requires filterring through the other 100+ ACPs and then finding other relevant documents in the ACTO list found in a different location.

These new portals are a “one stop shop” for the CFAV to visit to get all relevant information on a chosen subject be that shooting, camps leading to supercamps, radio, Fieldcraft, AT (to then be spilt into its various flavours)

SharePoint’s layout works as a library, as a storage facility but as a platform to use very clunky.

These new topic portals are changing that

My point is the links are there and easy to find along with other information. The site looks good and helpful. The dress regs is being updated as I understand so will appear on here

I have to ask the question- why weren’t the dress regs rewritten and made ready for promulgation on the same day that the CFC came into force?

Or does HQAC not do proactive? (don’t answer that - I think we all know the answer).

7 Likes

That would be ideal, but as they didn’t seem to know what shape the new CFC would have until the 11th hour that would be tricky :wink:

Everything should have been decided and put in place well before the swapover date and that is not entirely the fault of HQAC. They can carry the whole blame for the PTS though,

The new dress regs are “ready” and awaiting approval for lawyers. I expect they will then need to be rewritten and re-approved before they are eventually published! It is a ridiculous state of affairs!

One would hope the new dress regs woukd answer those last few queations…i.e. whats going on with TRF etc

It will only do so if the decision has been made. I hope they don’t delay very-overdue next version just to wait for the TRF decision.

1 Like