DofE tips, pointers and advice

We are doing DofE soon, and we had a whole parade night dedicated to what we would need, and i dont have sone of it like walking boots, tent, ect. What are the stuff ill need, any advice would do other than carrying what i take.
Also, what do we do inbetween and what do you do when you walk ect. Advice, info, tips anything would be helpful. Also if anyone has any names of a decent place i could get stuff from would really help! Thankyou in advance x

I really would ask your unit, as they may have contacts/special discounts. A place called ‘Access expedition’ does good, DofE-minded stuff. On a whole, nationwide stores like Mountain Warehouse, Cotswolds, Blacks & Millets & Ultimate Outdoors and GoOutdoors are all good. You can get discounts through most of them at varying amounts, either through cadets or DofE cards.

2 Likes

Many units will be able to lend you some equipment, usually the more expensive items like a rucksack, sleeping bag, waterproofs, tent, stove, map and compass. Make sure that you speak to staff before buying anything just for DofE.

5 Likes

Ok thanks!