Dining in entertainment

Our squadron dining in night is being held in September and I’m interested to hear stories of great entertainment you’ve seen at previous similar events. Be it from mr vice or from the Sqn staff themselves. I’d like to organise something to liven up the evening if possible.

Hawaiian shirt competition, pizza and Bad Boys II.

1 Like

Billy the funnel, inter-flight broomshank race and most gopping tie competition.

1 Like

Naked roll mat fighting - you could, if you wanted to stay off a Government list and ever work again, have fancy dress roll mat fighting.

Apparently, according to the local fun police, St Trinian’s is not an acceptable subject for fancy dress.

I’ve always enjoyed the ‘recreating famous scenes from movies with roll mats and people with no recognisable talent for drama or learning lines’ game - 29 CDO Regt RA did an excellent reproduction of Star Wars with roll mats and naked actors. Disturbingly, we had no problems casting Chewbacca…

3 Likes

We play mess games. Things like races to run to a point, spin around then run back. We made a giant version of hungry hippos one year. We also do a kangaroo court where everyone can write down something funny someone has done over the year and “charge” them. They then get vetted by a couple of staff for taste and decency before holding a mock Court and giving people silly fines.

1 Like