Diet Plan

Cheers dits.

2 Likes

Breakfast: 1 cornflake, toasted, with low-fat spread. Drink hot water.
Lunch: small raw potato (peeled), salad (mini lettuce leaf). Drink room temperature water.
Dinner: square of low-fat turkey breast, baked bean in low-fat tomato sauce, broccoli shavings. Drink chilled water.
Pudding: ice cubes and artificial sweetener.

Follow this diet to the letter, every day. Then at the weekend it’s time for a reward. Saturday is treat day! For 24 hours you can literally eat anything.

• Pizza
  • Birthday pie
  • Pints o’ crean
  • Pork cylinders
  • Potato grids
  • Artificial bacon (Facon™)
  • Large macs
  • Sandwich casserole
  • Chocolate quail’s eggs
  • Hoisin crispy owl
  • Bonbonbonbons
  • Mystery meat

Just remember, you’ve only got 24 hours, and not a second longer. Sunday is your rest day.

Let us know how you get on! Be prepared, you may have to buy a new belt.

7 Likes

Ill give this one a try :joy: will probs end up in hospital

This has made my day.

1 Like

i recognise the Butterfield diet!

3 Likes

That’s very similar to me: I still fit the same clothes, ergo I’ve not got fat. Mind you, I wasn’t that skinny when I joined the VRT in 2003.

The line for me is the BMI - usually I’m right at the top of normal; if I tip into overweight I know I need to do something. I know I should try harder.

As a personal trainer, I’m happy to give you a bit of pro-bono advice if you drop me a PM.

1 Like

I Dislike you.

The fitness industry is a sham. With poor quality control, poor regulation and full of absolute idiots.

I had to stop myself from utilising a barbell to turn a “PT” into a human lollipop, who was encouraging his heavily pregnant client to deadlift.

Personal Trainer is not a protected term and there is no formal body associated with regulating Personal Training.

Next you will be telling me that CrossFit is a good idea…

Not this old chestnut again, which is a major issue in terms of mental health.

If you’re meant to be a big bloke/bird there is little or no point in fighting it, it was decided at your conception. If you do want to attempt to lose weight don’t come on here making a thing of it, just crack on.

My advice is be happy in yourself and just get on with being you and not what someone thinks you should be. Is it really appropriate in a youth organisation, when you consider the mental health problems with teenagers, especially girls, in comparing themselves to images plastered all over social media, which gives them false expectations about how they should look, that this is seen as an issue? Our youngest daughter got caught up with some girls who kept telling her she was fat, something she never has been and a couple of our son’s mates said they reckoned she was really fit and then apologised, as they didn’t realise my wife had heard them. She has never been short of a boyfriend. As a result of these girls she then started dieting despite us saying she was fine. Thankfully she and these girls fell out and things returned to normal.

Then what about the potential mental health problems in adult staff if they get hounded due to something they have little or no control over.

Not sure they make a broom large enough for the magnitude of that sweeping statement!

2 Likes

Something else to think about have a laugh about this and tell the guys at work…

I ended up with a few people I work with all loosing weight together and sharing daft ideas and working together not so much in a weight watchers club but as some mates having fun and taking the mickey out each other and having fun doing it :+1:

2 Likes

Little or no control over?

It’s simple science.

Move less and eat more - gain weight
Move more and eat less - lose weight.

There is nothing wrong with trying to better and improve yourself. If you have the right goals.

And it’s not an issue for young girls, with more
And more young men turning to hormone and steroid abuse it’s a growing issue. Because the fitness industry is an absolute sham.

I don’t care strongly enough about you to have any feelings either way.

There are however qualifications, which I have.

It’s a good idea, often poorly executed.

Would anyone say to some of the larger cadets we have in the Corps male and female, you shouldn’t be wearing that uniform, you should lose weight and openly ridicule them, like people think it is perfectly fine to do with adults? Although when I say adults I mean men, as to say these things to a women would attract negative press with all the “me too” nonsense as my good lady puts it.

What are you on about?

It’s about remembering that as a cadet instructor you are a role model and example to those kids. No one is saying anything about ridiculing anyone. And depending on the situation you could be the only positive role model for that kid.

But obesity is a huge epidemic and its going to get worse. It’s not healthy and it’s not good.
And to ignore good practises, good role models, good examples and good education and direction in favour of this “health at every size” and pseudoscience rubbish that’s getting more air time.

End of the day it’s down to personal goals, not everyone wants to run a marathon, but if you get out of breath running for the bus then you might need to address some life choices.

The person that started this thread asked for advice and help, no one has ridiculed them.

1 Like

That is a good point, and this thread has stayed mainly positive and kept away from areas which I imagined it would head towards much sooner. (I had that view because we’ve often hit this topic from the other side when we discuss people who don’t fit in No1 uniform continuing to wear it regardless.)

However, it seems to have done that today and it has started to stray away from productivity.

Let’s keep it civil and productive.

2 Likes

in truth the uniform should be doing that for them anyway.

If the size of garment isn’t available for the individual, quite simply because no one in NATO is that big, that should be a sign to all
I know of a CFAV who hasn’t worn blues/No2 in 12+ months as they are too big to fit into them, and is why they only wear No3s - not sure what that says about the Army if No3 goes to a larger size than RAF blue!

I asked this question because I wanted to get an understanding of how other staff feel the importance of being a role model to younger cadets and I want to be that role model, hence asking for advice. I did not state I was being ridiculed. However, criticism can make people make better life choices

I serve more as a cautionary tale rather than a role-model. Tomayto tomahto!

4 Likes

Being a role model has nothing to do with physical appearance. Being a role model is about your demeanour and your actions and how that influences in our case youngsters. If you say lost some weight it wouldn’t make you a better role model. Some people I know who have lost weight are weight loss vegans/pilots ie normally leave it 5 seconds before stating the fact.

As for criticism making people make better life choices whatever that means (what a nonsense phrase that is) is rubbish. If people respond like that then they will spiral down or bounce around through life, trying to meet people’s expectations. This sort of suggests a form bullying to meet a n others perception of what you should do and or how you should live.

For the record I dd lose 1½ stone in 18 months 30 odd years ago, but I remember had to eat so little or odd things and exercise like a lunatic and when I went back to normal life, the weight went back on in a similar time. I did it to see how it would go not for any other reason.