Decals for Gate Guard

My lords, ladies and gentlemen.

And WO’s :wink:

I am looking for somewhere that can do us some free/cheap/reasonable decals for our Hunter gate guard (got some pics if anyone’s interested?).

Anyone have any ideas?

MTIA

Chris

If you send the Hunter to me, I’ll put some decals on it.

Then you’ll get it back…

shifty eyes

Most gate guards that I’ve come across have the roundals painted on. BTW what type of Hunter do you have?

Hmm, Might leave that TL! :slight_smile:

Its one of the original f1’s, WT596. We may go for the painting if we cant get anything else.

Cool, a rarity indeed. I was an avionics Eng on the F6s and T7s at Farnborough, one of which (Hecate) is the gate guard to FAST, so Hunters hold a special place with me.

Good luck with getting roundals made up, have you tried any graphics firms? The like of which do the markings on sides of vans might be able to help. I don’t know the firm, but this kind of place - http://www.signsexpress.co.uk/products-services/3/vehicle-graphics/21/van-graphics/

She’s done (mostly)!

Not bad for complete amateurs.

WT 569 (not 596!)

[attachment=88]image.jpg[/attachment]

What a beauty, good job!

I was wondering what those ‘scoops’ are on the underside of the fuselage, under the air intakes? But am I right in thinking they’re the rear part of the ‘Sabrinas’ (receptacles for used belted ammunition links)?

Sort that grass out!!!

Couldalways enquire with Cosford or hendon museums…

In the name of all that’s holy, how did you manage to get a Hunter into what looks like a housing estate or are certain things best not asked!!
By the way, she’s beautiful. Indded, probably one of the most beautiful aircraft ever to hold a place in the RAF.
Anyone know where I can get a Vulcan for our Sqn…??

[quote=“Hendon Chipmunk” post=9793]What a beauty, good job!

I was wondering what those ‘scoops’ are on the underside of the fuselage, under the air intakes? But am I right in thinking they’re the rear part of the ‘Sabrinas’ (receptacles for used belted ammunition links)?[/quote]
I’m thinking that it’s the aft section of a Sabrina.