DCCT - PPE Requirements

Quick question when using the DCCT range hearing protection is a must, but cant seem to find any mention of eye protection.

No requirement.

Interested to understand why you think it might be?

1 Like

None required.

Also, interested why?

Genuinely interested.

It could be a local requirement on the RSOs. I’ve seen it before along with order bits like Armour, helmets and CEFO to add realism to the firers.

I’ve worn earpro on a DCCT before, back when they were sat ranges. Something about how the working parts operated played havoc with my ears.

Not worn earpro recently, but work requires helmet and full webbing as it is a “real” range. Charges are still applied for NDs etc, so normal range PPE applies.

1 Like

Suspect could be some confusion with needing EyePro when recharging blue fire mags

1 Like

It was something i spotted on another wings RSD for the DCCT Range that RCO/Planning officer had stated the need for hearing protection and eye pro

Copy & paste left over from an air rifle RSd?

1 Like

Ear defence is a requirement on the DCCT

Could have fooled me…

Ear defence is a yes.

Eye protection is probably for the charging of bluefire mags.

Or…left over from an air rifle copy/paste.

Interesting.

I have never once in my professional life worn ear pro on a DCCT. Either through choice or required to by the RCO.

Only time I did was when I was a cadet and it was playing havoc on my ears.

Why, DCCT isn’t really that loud. Isn’t most of the noise from speakers? :thinking:

Been many years since I was in a DCCT range so can’t really recall it too well.

The noise from the cycling of the weapons use to hurt my ears so I started wearing EDs out of choice before it was mandatory.

I don’t think you have to wear H10s though.

It’s the weapons cycling close to ears that’s the issue.

5 Likes

Cadet Training - Ranges, chapter 3, section 4.

Line 3-54… (and its in red!)

“Hearing Protection. Wearing issued, serviceable hearing protection is mandatory for firers and safety staff in the DCCT.”

1 Like

It’s the cycling of the weapons and escape of gases that determine the need to wear hearing protection.

Sleeping bag for the medic?