David Beckham and the Wimbledon WO....suits you, Ma'am!

There’s a cracking picture in today’s “Sun on Sunday” (not a paper I would normally ever normally endorse, but…), of David Beckham leaving the tennis courts at Wimbledon, chatting with an extremely-smart RAF WO dressed in her No1s. Great to see the service so well-represented, as ever, at this annual event.

wilf_san

This one?

[sub](You could have said Sunday Express!)[/sub]

Ah, yes, that’s the one! And no, I didn’t realise it was in the Express as well…I had to buy the Sun on Sunday today, because I saw the lead article about T in the Park. I’d’ve bought the Express for preference over the Sun, any day (irrespective of Helen Flannigan :oops: )

wilf_san

Having had the honour to work at Wimbledon last year and meet a lot of the service stewards, I have to say they are all brilliant people, irrespective of being RAF, navy or army. Always very smartly turned out, helpful & a very good laugh.

They come from all four corners of the country for two weeks (OK, they get paid handsomely, but that’s beside the point) and during that time they showcase the best of the British military just by standing on court for hours on end.

Nice to see that she has the clasp to the LSGC Medal. That’s a minimum of 30 years service.

[quote=“asdevil768” post=19328]Having had the honour to work at Wimbledon last year and meet a lot of the service stewards, I have to say they are all brilliant people, irrespective of being RAF, navy or army. Always very smartly turned out, helpful & a very good laugh.

They come from all four corners of the country for two weeks (OK, they get paid handsomely, but that’s beside the point) and during that time they showcase the best of the British military just by standing on court for hours on end.[/quote]

When was in my mate used to do Wimbledon every year… To do so he had to take leave, he did not get paid for it however was able to claimvarious expenses, he also didthe cricket at Lordstoo

They get paid no extra only claiming back any travel, food and accommodation expenses plus they use two weeks of their own leave entitlement.