Daily Occurrence Log

But aren’t they required to sign in under the H&S procedures anyway? So your just wasting ink and paper and most importantly time.

This is done by email so you already have a record.

It’s quite simply admin for the sake of admin.

4 Likes

But with those examples, there’s other things that already have me covered. If the sector officer comes down they’ll be signed in to the visitor log, which also has a tick box to say they’ve been briefed on the local HSE/fire stuff. And the tap example, I’ll have an email trail showing that I’ve sent off for a works order etc. This is actually why I avoid phone calls and prefer an email. Keeps a trail.

(Sorry @daws1, Looks like I copied your thoughts :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

I know this was just a generic example, but as Cis cannot be squadron key holders this scenario shouldn’t occur :joy:

I’d like to know where that idea came from? I’ve been a key holder for years!

5 Likes

LOCAL BS ALERT!

11 Likes

Say again?!

Link to policy please

2 Likes

I have also been told that sqn ae not allowed to have more than 2 sets of keys for a unit

This was an issue when RFCA changed all the locks as technically you can’t get more copies cut.

:eyes::eyes:

Nervous laughter

4 Likes

We had this a few years ago. Wexo requested evidence of when we had a need for more than 2 key holders over 2 years. We submitted a list of 36 weekends where the squadron had concurrent events on - then the signing in sheet where we operated outside two nights per week and showed the staff members involved. He took it to RFCA who changed the locks back and conceded that “the ACF don’t really work that way - we assumed you operated similarly”.

1 Like

My bad - having checked its where units have a armoury. Keyholders must have an SC, which for us means its uniformed staff only. Didnt appreciate it wasnt the same everywhere else.

Where does it say that? I thought a non-SC cleared member of staff could still hold keys to the building, but not the room the armoury is in, or the armoury it’s self (obviously! :grin:)

1 Like

You mean ‘who’ - Our Winco. His trainset.

1 Like

with that mentality.

Might be their ‘trainset’ still got to abide by the rules.

2 Likes

This is a topic about a daily occurrence log please.

Daily occurence log = turd.

@mods… believe we are done here now.
:rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

1 Like

We used to get one out for the county’s annual camp every year. In the days of staying up overnight they made handy reading material. This was before I had 20 years worth of film and TV on a tablet though. Never seen them at a unit level.

Ummm Hi :wave:

Ummm I’m sure we have 3…maybe 4

Keeping on track with the post:
daily occurrence log: we did have them previous to me joining as we had a box of them in the loft dating from 1994 to 2002

Never heard of this log. But now I just have this in my head…

3 Likes

This has reminded me of some of the Star Trek logs…

3 Likes