CWO Past 20 while in CFC process

I’m currently a 19yr old CWO in the process for APO with an upcoming Wing Board before I ‘age out’. My OC has suggested that if I pass the Wing Board I will have extension as a CWO past my 20th birthday while I wait the matter of many months for a regional interview.

He also said this was to prevent me having to become a CI and having multiple service numbers which could complicate my APO process?? Not sure what was meant by this.

However, I cannot find where this is written down on SharePoint in any ACPs or other documentation. I found this all very surprising, I am going to speak to him again about it but just wondered if anyone has had a similar experience?

TIA

There was a CWO in my old wing who got an extension of service to 20 years and 6 months. Not sure how it works though, but it/was a thing. May have been removed with the latest changes to the O18 policy(?)

1 Like

I had similar. I aged out after my Wing board but before region had availability for my final board. I just had to bite the proverbial bullet and become a CI temporarily.
Speak to your Wing/Rgn HQ about doing the paperwork to become a CI, it is all just on a Bader workflow now. They should be able to adapt your board reports into the CI interview form too.

Depending on your wing and region, getting both interviews sorted can take a substantial period of time at the moment. Just another postcode lottery unfortunately.