CS95/MTP Smock for L98A2 shooting

On various ACO courses and live firing sessions I have been told that you have to wear the combat jacket/smock for L98A2 firing. I can’t seem to find a reference to this anywhere in PAM21C, PAM5C or anywhere else. Can anyone help: is this the case and where is it mandated?

Because it’s not written, because it’s wrong.

Sleeves are to be rolled down (fastened at the cuff may also be a requirement, can’t remember?) but you can do that on the lightweight JACKET too. Same applies for fieldcraft.

It used to state field jacket. The line is now “uniform if the day, sleeves rolled down to protect elbows” para 12 PAM5C

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It isn’t mandated in an Pam, AP or ACTO BUT it is often mandated in competition requirements laid down by other organisations such as NRA, CCRS etc - not only that it is best practise as it is an aid to marksmanship. As such if you are training your cadets to shoot well & accurately it makes sense to get them in the habit from day one (makes team training later on a hell of a lot easier). Same as starting then with slings on the no 8 from day one! I believe one of the MTP smock was designed around the need for shooting support with extra padding & the like.

If your only interest is blatting & Being war-y then the shirt will suffice although it is not ideal.