Cross Flags on MTP for ATC Staff

I qualified at Blandford for my Basic Signallers Course and Acf Instructors are allowed to wear cross flags are ATC instructors allowed.

Without definitive source information to hand, I think that the answer would be no as this is not a qualification badge that is in use in the RAF.

It’s not on the list of approved badges so no.

(Unless of course you have that list of badges which some people are apparently allowed to wear which we’ve been promised a look at for about 12 months now, but seemingly never get to see…)

From AP1358C 1.07

but as indicated that list of what is allowed is still forthcoming

ACF signals instructors are not permitted to wear crossed flags. ACF cadets who have passed the Cadet Signaller course are. There may be one or two adults who have made up their own rank slides but it isn’t allowed.

[quote=“steve679, post:4, topic:1997, full:true”]but as indicated that list of what is allowed is still forthcoming
[/quote]

I think we have that list. It’s the list in the AP.

The ‘list’ which Wokkaman was on about I would happily bet doesn’t exist.

you may well be right i have found

[quote]Each patch is to carry no more than 2 badges. No other badges are worn i.e. Weapons instructor, RAF Regt Cross Rifles etc[/quote] on page 123 but i am sure there was talk of regular service qualification badges could be worn although not know what those include can’t comment on how long that list is other than the wings and dagger listed in 1358C

Neither of the trade groups I’m qualified in have/feel the need for a badge, maybe I should go and sulk in a corner :wink:

Would tthat be the ‘I-spy’ badge :joy:

Even as a Signals Instructor in the Regiment, we didn’t wear any type of badge. Telecommunications Operators (different trade group) had the lightning bolt but that was the only badge authorised for wear.

Thanks for your answer.

Thanks for that information.

Not entirely correct. There has always been a Regt Signaller badge, since a couple of years after the Corps was raised. However, it appears to have gone into disuse, perhaps since the early 1960s.

Never seen that one before. Obviously for use on battledress.

I have done this course and the VHF Advanced course, and I can tell you now, quite categorically, that ACF instructors CANNOT wear the crossed flags badge. They are not qualified signaller trades, and Sgts and above, with very few exceptions, DO NOT wear trade badges.

I think you have been ‘wah’d’