Coronavirus Medal

From what I’ve seen, the US military and cadet forces seem to get ribbons for everything.

Over here, our military is a wee’ bit different and I can imagine that’s why we follow suit.

We can’t earn campaign medals as CFAVs, so what else would you get decorations for?

‘Here’s a patience medal for logging into Utilearn without flipping a table in frustration’

4 Likes

If you’re keen for a medal, next few might be…

Queens Platnium Jubilee in Feb 2022 (5 years service required).

Charles Coronation Medal (maybe).

CFM when you’re due

I assume that those will have the 5 years service on 31st March limit the same as the last two did.

T minus 4 days

Last I heard they were trimming down on those eligible for jubilee medals as a cost cutting exercise

I doubt they will, it’s very difficult to not give what you have done previously, especially when they are going to end up spending a fortune on celebrations. (I know the Silver Medal was only given out to very limited numbers).

1 Like

Will most likely be the same rules etc as Gold and Diamond jubilee.

very optimistic

edit: I forgot that 2022 is only two years away. crikey.

I’d like to have one, just for the sake of having one. But im not greedy

Don’t worry, at current rate it’ll feel much longer

If we do get it, it will be awarded over Teams with a print it out at home certificate

6 Likes

and a glossy non print ratio publisher file of ‘How to make your very own gongs at home in four simple steps!.pub’

At least my printer at home will be higher quality than the one used for the CFC scrolls :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

That reminds me, I can apply for my CFM now lol.

and don’t forget the CFM isn’t just awarded, you have to ask for it.

1 Like

its exactly this.
RAFAC is not my only hobby, and although one has gone the same route as RAFAC others have continued, my wife and I have even picked up a new one so would be crazy to think that CFAVs are unique in continuing with their hobby!

i would expect these to be awarded for…

but over a sustained period of time…

To reduce cost, there’s no reason why they couldn’t follow the precedent of Queen Victoria’s 1897 Diamond Jubilee by issuing a dated clasp to those who hold the QDJM.

Much cheaper than issuing a medal to those who already have one, two or all three of the previous Jubilee gizzits.

Don’t hold your breath - my clasp still hasn’t arrived despite being signed off in February.

1 Like

A good idea except they are far too inept to make it work, they would probably spend so much on the procurement of 2 designs and the administration of working out what they needed to give to who that it would cost them more in the long run!