Coronation of King Charles III

That’s a hell of a loop as well.

From the photos it looks like the entire contingent has marched down Charlie dispersal all the way to the end of the 27 threshold, down the entire runway, exiting at the 09 threshold, past echo dispersal and all the way down length of the disused back to Charlie.

That’s a walk. :rofl:

3 Likes

5 Likes

Ngl that’s a really cool visual seeing them rehearsing.

2 Likes

Getting sweaty just thinking about marching that

3 Likes

This is the rough view that’s be photographed there.

And for a bit of scale, that’s just army pers by the look of the uniform, so no navy or RAF there. So there’s even more bods out of view…

1 Like

Just stumbled across this on what the cadet force involvement will be

1 Like

Good to see there will be representatives.

I’m glad this cadet seems excited. Inspiring stuff.

3 Likes

I like the fact it says that there will be banners from all “6 cadet forces”

Is it me or do the numbers just keep increasing.

I have no idea… Does seem to be more and more.

Air Training Corps
Army Cadet Force
Sea Cadet Corps
Combined Cadet Force
Volunteer Cadet Corps
Girls Venture Corps

Depending on how you break down the CCF and VCC, there’s potentially up to 11 uniformed cadet orgs.

GVC isn’t listed (but Royal marine cadets are which I thought were part of SCC hence my confusion. )

The CCF is a corps in its own right, not sure how you get 11 though…

So interestingly in earlier posts there were several comments about how little cadet forces involvement was but it turns out it’s a Decent number albeit being coordinated through the Army/CCF.

It’s a shame there’s not been much fanfare in air cadet side so not sure if some professional jealousy has crept in.

My old OC has joined something called the Marine Training Corps… Questionable to say the least, not affiliated, but based on RM.

Can’t swing a cat for hitting another cadet force nowadays :rofl:

1 Like

Yep, let’s not forget the nautical training Corps, Navy Training Corps & the Ranger Cadets along with the legion of frontiers men :rofl:

1 Like

GVC not being included makes sense; they’re the remnants of the former gender-segregated cadet corps and not MOD funded.

Interesting that the RM cadets are listed; they’re part of the Volunteer Cadet Corps. The Royal Navy are a little greedy and sponsor both the Sea Cadet Corps and the Volunteer Cadet Corps, the latter of which has both RN and RM divisions.

It’s applying that same split to the CCF that can bring you to 11, depending on which definition is used on the day.

2 Likes

RM cadets are part of SCC too

Definitely the Navy being greedy then…

Anyhow, back on topic. Found a good photo album this morning on work being done to prepare the uniforms of those service personnel taking part in the parade: A new insignia for King Charles’s reign – in pictures | Art and design | The Guardian

5 Likes

On the basis that we’ve not heard anything out in the sticks about this fantastic opportunity for cadets, how to apply, selection process etc etc, I’m guessing it’s another of those LaSER only things?

1 Like

Have to be some benefits to living in the overpriced dump they call London

2 Likes

Had heard it was offered to ‘best cadet’ in each Wing, details when out weeks ago :man_shrugging:t2: