Communicator Badge

Hi,
Does anyone know if there is a age limit for the communicator badge

Yes; you need to be a cadet!

I have heard of some areas trying to impose a minimum age but it wasn’t backed up by any documentation I could find two years ago and I can’t find any age limit in ACP44.

Interesting question - by the time the badge comes through the cadet may have left!

I’m griping as we have a cadet who has passed but still has a space on his brassard where the badge should be and he/she is nearing the end of the ‘cadet conveyor belt’.

Putting my WRCO hat on (same as FS hat but with headphones and a boom mic :slight_smile: ) There are no age limits in my wing

[quote=“mike-foxtrot-lima” post=1814]Interesting question - by the time the badge comes through the cadet may have left!

I’m griping as we have a cadet who has passed but still has a space on his brassard where the badge should be and he/she is nearing the end of the ‘cadet conveyor belt’.[/quote]

If they has passed as a Cadet then complete the paperwork for them, if it arrives too late, never mind, they get a certificate & badge, and its something they can talk about.

Sound’s like the cadet in question is a badge collector :mad:

No limits in any wing is what you should be saying :wink:

Rumour is that cadets can even sit the Senior/Master syllabus subjects ahead of time (before leading is finished) to get the badge. Even better rumour is that this pass will then count when they get to that stage, although not sure how true that is…

this has been common practise in our wing, taking Senior subjects ahead of a Leading pass to gain the Comms Badge, however that does not count towards Senior classification
only those Senior cadets who have taken the right subjects have been eligiable to skip it for the badge always seems backwards to me. if the subject is pass, whether through the traditional classification route or through Comms Badge route then the other should reconise that pass - but at least is is only the Badge that recognises the classification

Badge has arrived.

Cadet is not a badge collector (no more than any other or I was back in the day).

The badge has been well earned - two years to fit all of the course in around the 1001 other cadet activities.