Comms Courses in Middlesex Wing

I’m a Sgt in Middlesex Wing and I want to get on a Comms course, I know my squadron has run some a few times but they said they aren’t going to do any for a while, so I want to try to get on a Wing course anyone got any ideas who I could ask about this?

I’d ask your squadron staff, specifically your squadron comms person, who should ask your Wing comms person in turn.
There may be other squadrons who would welcome you to join one of their courses.

What level are we talking? Blue/Bronze/Silver?

Thanks for the advice but the problem is my squadron staff didn’t seem to know much and we don’t have a Comms officer. In terms of level, blue, although I do have existing knowledge of Comms so would probably easily pass a higher level.

Everything is progressive now, so you are meant to have blue before you go higher.

Your staff may not have an idea but they do have email and ought to be able to find out (and may be doing so.)

Thanks I’ll make sure to ask them.

Your staff should contact the LaSer RAC at RAF Halton. (They can email the laser RAC Coordinator for course details) They run air cadet radio courses nearly every month, including training for staff so they can teach the Blue Badge syllabus on their own sqn. The staff there have been doing radio for more years than they care to admit.

The blue badge training material is available to staff on sharepoint in the Radio sub-site (staff will know what that means). (NOT the package that is on ultilearn).

Thanks for this great advice, but unfortunately my staff seem unwilling to help as I’ve already asked but they said there were no courses.

Then there’s no courses, request that they keep you updated, and that’s the best they can do

Yes that’s what I’ve done so hopefully there will be one soon.