Comdt RAFAC leaving & replacement

I can tell you that some closest to him at CRN did not know.

Regular service everyone knows when tourex should be, and only effects a small number of people, this is an organisation of 60,000 widely dispersed operating locations therefore effects far more.

Funny how he was very short toured as A4 Commander, maybe the RAFAC was a payoff.

Well, I’ve not been the boss of 60k people.

There’s a public, multi-channel formal statement from a (defacto) CEO, where internal modes are (or may be) also used and those in senior positions are already aware…

Then there’s the Tony Keeling way of erecting a “hire me” billboard.

2 Likes

All it says is there was no comms plan - a tangible, written document.

It doesn’t show one way or the other whether a plan for how to communicate the decision was discussed whether formally or informally.

I know that HQAC personnel knew the week before we did.

Some were on leave and didn’t know until I raised it

Application deadline is today (10 May)…let the rumors on the applicants commence!

No applications have been submitted……:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

TK has been given an extension of service.

I quit

If no one applies, what inducements will be offered to some Group Captain to take the post.

I, for one, look forward with great anticipation to the strategic vision and management grip of a Group Captain who’s only career option is CAC.

It might be worth hanging around to watch - it’ll be like Clarksons Farm, just without the likeable personalities, beautiful views, political and cultural significance, and physical comedy…

4 Likes

Probably about the same amount of muck spreading though.

4 Likes

I’m in favour of it being like the hunger games.

All Gp Cpts’ names are placed into a big jar and a lucky one is chosen as CAC.

1 Like

& then like the wicker man they are sacrificed at the end of their term to renew the blood of the organisation?

5 Likes

Maybe if one of the FOI frequent flyers got the job they’d be able to reduce expenditure, free staff to do their real jobs and obviously reduce the number of FOI requests in one clean sweep. :thinking: :wink:

1 Like

Not a massive fan of the FOI system either tbh. However the simple way to reduce the volume of these would be through greater transparency and increased comms, this has improved with the weekly brief.
There is clearly a thought that people arent getting the information they want or require.
The default postions should be open to all so maybe automatically publish meeting minutes etc with redactions for certain things that really can’t be published :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Exactly this. How long before a parent of one of the cadets invited to the coronation, puts in a FOI about the medal they were promised on the day, due to the complete lack of comms since?

4 Likes

100%. Start publishing the minutes, and also start publishing the decision papers and information for certain things. If people could see what’s going on in the background, they’d be pretty happy. Most of the FOIs are just looking for background information for decisions that have been made. Instead we’re treated like mushrooms; kept in the dark, and constantly fed **** manure.

10 Likes

Reasons why bringing RAF attitude and “leadership” to RAFAC doesn’t work. Volunteers simply require a different approach - and the Defence environment can’t wrap their heads around it!!!

8 Likes

I think the RAF are behind the curve of leadership training as well.

Published today by army leadership centre

5 Likes