Closed controversial topics

Why do some threads get closed 60 minutes after the last message …and some deleted altogether if you say the wrong thing to the wrong person? There seems to be an uphill level playing field at times.

Maybe it’s actually (shhhh) area 51?

Automatically closed?

That was closed because the OP marked their question as answered. Therefore no need to continue with the thread

1 Like

That topic had a post marked as the solution, so the topic closes.

Was there something you wanted to add?

Any examples? That’s not something we routinely do. Pruning is common, but thread cuts are not de rigeur

Marking the a post as a solution, thereby closing the thread, helps to prevent it segueing into related (more and more loosely as time goes on) chatter and eventually being closed manually by pEp for being off-topic.

1 Like

As above really. It would be very rare for us to delete a whole thread. I occasionally delete posts which breach the AUP and if that means the subsequent posts no longer make sense they might have to go too (but I can’t remember the last time that happened).

If someone has marked a thread as complete and you want to add to it, PM us and we can reopen it.

EDIT: I am likely simply to delete segments of a post of that bit breaks the AUP (for example removing swear words from a sentence)

Ah.

Sorry…I didn’t realise that the originator could do that. I’m not a regular forum user.

Thanks for the replies.

So…can I mark this as solved and let it close? :wink:

I reckon you’d be missing a trick if you didn’t simply delete it :wink:

Tell you what. I will say something inappropriate then you can delete that and then the thread. After first closing it! :rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.