Climatic Injuries Training - Pause and Reassess Order July 2022

seems weird that something as important as this, effecting so many, would only go to OC’s, what harm is there in sending this to everyone to make them aware?

C

It went to all staff in my wing, it was sent by HQAC at 2300 last night, forwarded to Wing Co by Region at 0907.

Just took my Wing Co until 4pm to send it to us…

No change on my camp.

Edit - Also no email still

From what’s been copied and pasted above, the recent email that people are talking about is different to the one that went through the chain last night/this morning.

Note similar but not the same. I’ve not received either, so am only going off of what I’ve seen in here.

2 Likes

The whole thing is a confusing mess. Not helped by the fact that we currently have these issues:

• A recent shift in policy (as far as I can tell,) where we have ditched the Climatic Injuries “don’t be your own worst enemy” nonsense training and moved onto using JSP375. (This is not of itself a bad thing)
  • We don’t yet have replacement training programmes, say videos or even powerpoints for the new system. The JSP system is NOT straightforward, and I’m doing my best to read into it, and it’s not easy.
  • The JSP system is designed for regular units, and it seems is particularly Army focussed, as it only has tables for PT Kit, MTP, MTP with Body armour & helmet and CBRN PPE. Where would No2C fit in for instance? Is it considered cooler than MTP or hotter?
  • The JSP system relies on the use of WBGT machines which we don’t have.
  • Our emergency system tells us to use an agreed alternative to the JSP tables, which we don’t have.

Basically, we need a bespoke alternative to the JSP system, akin to it but not the same.

6 Likes

or someone to say “the JSP says this, but for RAFAC…”

RIAT SMS still in DRAFT by the way, seriously considering calling my troops back…

Who is the activity IC? In lieu of, maybe speak to the delivery duty holder if you can and ask what’s going on?

OC RIAT. It’s it’s own post at HQAC.

Pretty sure HQAC activities DDH is CoS?

Of course it’s OC RIAT, dumb moment there from me…. Guess it would be CoS then?

I have just asked my CoC of a copy of JSP 375

It’s available on the Gov website.

me when i run an activity that’s not approved…

raw

5 Likes

It’s all on Sharepoint

Just chinned my weekend activity off. Don’t have time to be running around doing DLE modules tomorrow and given I’ve still received nothing formally I CBA with this chaos.

7 Likes

One point of clarification which is useful I just had from a contact at HQ is that the interim policy only applies in the Amber areas, not elsewhere.

Thats bacially what i said. Just 3 magnitides more verbose!

I wasnt particularly replying to your point. I just thought it would be good, for an external reader to see where the real issues are for those of us on the ground.

We need to be clear to external readers what our issues are, so that they realise we’re not just moaning for the sake of it, or because we hate change but because the policies have flaws we cannot work with.

8 Likes

They already do this to cover security on the various public and contractors gates i doubt there is anyone left…

This is isn’t unusual and in my experience cannot recall it ever being at anything but draft at this stage

:man_shrugging: <<<here

However at least we’re not finding out via Cadets who saw it on SM before Staff
#littlewins

4 Likes

Why have they become so jumpy about weather? It is irritating we’ve been tarred with the same brush as the pillocks at all levels in the armed forces who have caused weather related problems that have become news stories.
We’ve been dealing cadets in all sorts of weather conditions for years without major problems I’m aware of, before MoD seat warmers decided to point out the blindingly obvious.
We had our sports day at school yesterday; water cannisters, gazebos, chairs and steady supply of ice pops. What the kids doing running around and behaving like teenagers. The only injuries were a couple of twisted ankles.

The best thing is don’t arrange things June-Sep because it might be a bit warm or Nov-Feb as it might be a bit chilly. Not forgetting rain/wind throughout the year.

SO the RAFAC stop everything and the cadets act like kids do, outside on bikes in parks etc, no water, no sunscreen, no shade and no oversight of these things.

1 Like